Table of Contents
Technology Investment Priorities in African Mining, 2014
Overall trends in the data revealed -
- The majority of respondents plan to increase investments in fatigue management software and collision avoidance/proximity detection technologies.
- 60% or more of mines have already invested in mine management-related software and technology.
- Technology with the lowest presence on sites include real-time video training, and remote-control equipment/machine automation.
- Environmental monitoring investments are set to increase for those working in coal and precious metal mines.
- Only 12% of respondents currently use autonomous vehicles, and only 6% are planning to implement autonomous vehicles on site in the coming two years.
- South African mines have a higher rate of planned investments in vehicle-related technology than other African nations.
- Safety is the number-one driver of technology investment. No matter how data analyzed, safety continually drives the need to invest in technology.
- Technology Investment Priorities in African Mining, 2014 published by GlobalData’s Mining Intelligence Centre, provides readers with a detailed analysis of investment intentions in 12 areas of technology in the African mining sector. The analysis is based upon GlobalData’s survey of 108 mine managers, procurement managers and other key decision-makers, and focuses in particular on mine management and vehicle-related technologies.
Reasons to buy
- Understand what factors most influence technology investment, and how this varies by company size and type.
- Target the segments with the highest opportunity for technology products and services, based on mine type, region, company size and commodity.
- Segment the market according to those full invested, those partially invested and those not considering investment in each technology.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
“Growing need for personal mobility in wake of rising urbanization and fall in car ownership are expected to fuel the demand for mobility on demand” The mobility on demand market is projected to grow ...
This 360 View Update discovers consumers' mobile activities in the vehicle and their attitudes and concerns about their in-car experiences. It provides data and recommendations for software developers, ...
Long-range EVs with Light Batteries and More Unified Designs will Dominate This study offers key highlights from analysis of the global electric vehicle (EV) market in 2016 and identifies the upcoming ...