Table of Contents
The industry research publication titled ‘Asia Insulin Market Review to 2018 - Transition from Human Insulin to Analog Insulin’ presents a comprehensive analysis of market size by value of major types of insulin consumed in Asia Pacific region. The report entails the market share analysis of major insulin brands in premix insulin, long acting and rapid acting insulin category and company profiles of major players in the insulin market in India, China and Japan. The future analysis has also been discussed in each market.
The worldwide prevalence of diabetes was estimated to be ~ million in 2013 and is expected to soar 55%, reaching to 591.1 million patients by 2035. The primary determinants of diabetes are the rapid epidemiological transition associated with changes in dietary patterns and decreased physical activity. Nearly 5.1 million deaths in the world occurred due to diabetes in 2013. Low and middle income countries are host to almost 80.0% of the total diabetic cases in the world. However, diabetes imposes unacceptably high human, social and economic costs on countries at all income levels. The disease is observed to be most prevalent in Asia Pacific that includes the fastest growing economies globally. China and India are representatives of the above mentioned fact and have the highest number of people with diabetes in the world.
Since the Asian countries reside majorly in the middle income group, diagnosis and treatment of diabetes does not reach to a large part of the population. Lack of awareness and affordability are the biggest hindrances to curbing diabetes in the region. Nevertheless, due to increasing level of education and consciousness in the Asian countries, people are gradually paying more attention to diabetes care and diagnosis.
The world’s largest diabetic population resides in Asia Pacific due to which the demand for insulin is on a constant rise. Japan, China and India are the important markets in the region. The revenue generated by the insulin market in Asia Pacific in 2013 was estimated to be USD ~ million and registered a CAGR of ~% during 2008-2013. Japan adds the highest value to the regional market through the sale of high priced premium products. However, China is set to become the largest contributing market in the near future.
The global insulin market is distinctively dominated by 3 companies, namely Novo Nordisk from Denmark, Eli Lilly from the US and France’s Sanofi Aventis. A cumulative average of ~% of the market in every country is captured by these three companies. Regional players such as Biocon and Wockhardt in India and Shanghai Fosun Pharmaceuticals and Tonghua Dongbao in China have a minor stake in the countries’ respective insulin markets. Companies in the Asian region are consistently engaged in extensive R&D to introduce new products that are conducive to the local requirements. Furthermore, expiration of patents of several major brands of insulin in the recent future is expected to intensify competition in Asia Pacific. Launch of generic versions of the existing insulin brands in the coming years will lead to change in market shares of some of the leading insulin brands in the region.
KEY TOPICS COVERED IN THE REPORT
- The market size of Asia insulin market in terms of revenue
- Asian market segmentation by geographies covering China, India and Japan, by insulin replacement therapy and types of insulin
- Trends, growth drivers and challenges in Asia insulin market
- Product Pipeline of major insulin companies
- Future outlook and projections of the insulin market in Asia
- India insulin market size, segmentation by insulin replacement therapy and types of insulin, pricing scenario, trends, growth drivers and issues, market share of major companies in the market
- China insulin market size, segmentation by insulin replacement therapy and types of insulin, trends and growth drivers, market share of major companies in the market
- Government regulations and support schemes in India and China insulin market
- Japan insulin market size, segmentation by insulin replacement therapy and types of insulin, trends and growth drivers, market share of major companies in the market
- Profiles of major companies in India, China and Japan insulin market
- Future Outlook and macroeconomic factors in insulin market in China, India and Japan
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
The global pen needles market is expected to reach a value of USD 4.8 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Rising prevalence of diabetes is the primary reason for the ...
The global insulin market is expected to reach USD 42 billion by 2020, growing at a CAGR of XX%. Insulin is a peptide hormone secreted by the beta cells in the pancreas. Insulin maintains the metabolism ...
China’s demand for Diabetes Drugs has grown at a fast pace in the past decade. In the next decade, both production and demand will continue to grow. The Chinese economy maintains a high speed growth ...