Table of Contents
MediPoint: Nuclear Imaging - PET and SPECT Equipment - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts
This report examines how new technologies can emerge in the face of economic pressures that may affect the demand for nuclear imaging, and how healthcare reforms are impacting nuclear medicine.
The advent of hybrid imaging has enabled PET/CT imaging to undergo explosive growth. However, this has been at the cost of an increased demand on struggling healthcare budgets
PET and SPECT imaging are well established techniques within nuclear imaging, and are the main focus of this report
PET imaging uses Positron Emitting radioactive tracers with a short half life, to image metabolically active organs
PET combined with CT allows precise anatomical imaging of the body, identifying diseased areas depending upon the tracer used
PET/CT is most often used for cancer diagnosis
PET/MRI is a new technique that was introduced to reduce patient exposure to radiation
PET only systems are now generally considered obsolete, due to the superior imaging quality of PET/CT
SPECT imaging uses Gamma Emitting radioactive tracers with a longer half life, to image molecular processes in the body
SPECT and SPECT/CT are most often used in cardiology studies
The SPECT and SPECT/CT market is a bigger market than the PET, PET/CT and PET/MRI, because the instruments have been in longer use, are cheaper, and have become the common technique for a wide range of indications
Physicians believe more and more SPECT procedures will be replaced by PET procedures
New developments in hybrid nuclear imaging promise to further increase the utility of hybrid nuclear imaging, while significantly improving patient cost-savings and safety, through reduced need for repeat examinations.
This report focuses on the current and future industry trends within the nuclear medicine market, as well as discussing the promising pipeline products, and assessing the competitive landscape.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the current and future nuclear imaging market outlook in the developed and emerging markets? What trends are affecting the global market for both SPECT and PET imaging systems?
- Which are the key, high growth markets that manufacturers should seek to expand into? What are the types of products that are most likely to succeed?
- How many Nuclear Imaging Procedures are carried out in each of the 10 Major Markets? What does this imply for instrument adoption rates?
- What are the major unmet needs in nuclear imaging? In which areas can manufacturers help meet that need?
- What factors most influence a physician or hospital in the purchase of new nuclear imaging equipment? How much can a physician influence purchasing decisions?
- How will reimbursement changes will affect nuclear imaging. How has the Affordable Care Act affected nuclear imaging? How will it affect it in the future?
- How well are new paradigms in nuclear imaging perceived? What motivates companies to develop a new nuclear imaging modality; physician demand or legislative requirement?
- Nuclear Imaging is a moderately growing market, with a CAGR of 3.3% for the period to 2020
- PET/CT, SPECT, SPECT/CT and Scinitgraphy are the major techniques in nuclear imaging
- US dominates the world market for nuclear imaging equipment
- US will see lowest growth in nuclear imaging equipment thanks to reimbursement pressures
- Japan and China will present the greatest opportunities for growth, with respective market shares increasing by 75% and almost 100% during the forecasted period
- BIC nations will experience the highest growth rates in nuclear imaging equipment during the forecast period
- Non-PET nuclear imaging procedures in the developed markets (US, 5EU, Japan) likely overall to fall during forecast period, as a result of increasing reimbursement pressures and new technologies
- PET imaging procedures in all markets likely to increase during the forecast period, despite reimbursement pressures, due to increased number of indications
- Overview of Nuclear Imaging, including core technologies, estimated procedure trends and disease overview.
- Current and Future Players Companies involved in the space with portfolio assessment and SWOT analysis.
- Pipeline analysis: Comprehensive data split across different stages of development, emerging trends and nuclear imaging devices in development
- Annualized total nuclear imaging equipment market revenue for SPECT, SPECT/CT, PET, PET/CT and PET/MRI, and procedure data for 2012-2013, and forecast for seven years to 2020
- Other Key topics covered include identification of unmet needs, implications for the nuclear imaging market and how they may be overcome in the near future, reimbursement and regulatory considerations, evaluating market access for each region covered in the report
- Analysis of the market opportunities in the Nuclear Imaging market, in addition to Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications
Reasons to buy
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline in the fields of PET/CT, PET/MRI and SPECT/CT.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the nuclear imaging market
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, and companies likely to impact the nuclear imaging market in the future
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analysing the performance of various competitors
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage
- Track device sales in the global and country-specific nuclear imaging markets from 2012-2020
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Brazil Diagnostic Imaging Market Outlook to 2022 - Angio Suites, Bone Densitometers, Computed Tomography (CT) Systems, Contrast Agents, Contrast Media Injectors, Mammography Equipment, Mobile C-Arms, MRI ...
Russia Diagnostic Imaging Market Outlook to 2022 - Angio Suites, Bone Densitometers, Computed Tomography (CT) Systems, Contrast Agents, Contrast Media Injectors, Mammography Equipment, Mobile C-Arms, MRI ...
South Korea Diagnostic Imaging Market Outlook to 2022 - Angio Suites, Bone Densitometers, Computed Tomography (CT) Systems, Contrast Agents, Contrast Media Injectors, Mammography Equipment, Mobile C-Arms, ...