Table of Contents
CountryFocus: Healthcare, Regulatory and Reimbursement Landscape - Singapore
GlobalData, the industry analysis specialist, has released its latest report, “CountryFocus: Healthcare, Regulatory and Reimbursement Landscape - Singapore”. The report is an essential source of information and analysis on the healthcare, regulatory and reimbursement landscape in Singapore. It identifies the key trends in the country’s healthcare market and provides insights into its demographic, regulatory, and reimbursement landscape and healthcare infrastructure. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insights into the trends and segmentation of its pharmaceutical and medical device markets. It is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, secondary research, and in-house analysis by GlobalData’s team of industry experts.
Singapore’s population grew from 4.8 million in 2008 to 5.4 million in 2013, mainly due to the increase in the life expectancy (DoS, 2014). The value of the pharmaceuticals market increased from $489m in 2008 to $761m in 2013 at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 9.3%, and this value is expected to increase further from $776m in 2014 to $873m in 2020 at a CAGR of 2.0% (Tarn et al., 2008; DoS, 2014; EDB, 2014c). In 2011, the output of the medical technology sector was SGD4.3 billion ($3.4 billion), which is expected to increase to SGD5 billion ($4 billion) in 2015 (EDB, 2014a).
These positive growth trends can primarily be attributed to -
- Government initiatives
- Universal healthcare coverage
The report provides information on the healthcare, regulatory, and reimbursement landscape in Singapore, and includes -
- Overview of the pharmaceutical market including size, segmentation, and key drivers and barriers
- Profiles and SWOT analyses of the major players in the pharmaceutical market: Haw Par Corporation, SciGen, Pfizer, Novartis and GlaxoSmithKline
- Insightful review of the reimbursement and regulatory landscape, with analysis covering details of the country’s healthcare reimbursement process, regulatory agencies and the approval processes for new drugs and medical devices
- Detailed analysis of the political and economic environment, covering economic indicators, demographics, healthcare infrastructure and healthcare expenditure
- An overview of the opportunities for and challenges to growth in the Singaporean healthcare market
Reasons to buy
This report will enhance your decision-making capability by allowing you to -
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving Singapore’s healthcare market
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, reimbursement and regulatory policies, pharmaceutical market segments, and companies likely to affect Singapore’s healthcare market in the future
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and analyzing the performance of various competitors
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present the best opportunities for consolidation, investment, and strategic partnership
- Identify, understand, and capitalize on the opportunities and challenges in Singapore’s healthcare market
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
The global healthcare IT market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 15.9% from 2016 to 2021 and reach USD 280.25 billion. Growing need to manage regulatory compliance through healthcare IT solutions, government ...
Digital transformation helps enterprises improve operational performance, efficiency, and business process. It involves the utilization of digital technologies, such as mobility, analytics, and social ...
The ultrasound market is expected to reach USD 6.86 billion by 2021 at a CAGR of 5.2% during 2016-2021. North America and Europe held the largest share of the market in 2016; however, the Asia-Pacific ...