Get this report today!
Table of Contents
Online Games Market in Korea Forecasted to Exceed $2 Billion in 2011, according to Pearl Research
Leading market research and consulting firm Pearl Research is pleased to announce the release of its new “Online Games Market in Korea” study.
Highlights from Pearl Research’s new “Online Games Market in Korea” study:
- Three of the top five game operators in Korea grew their revenues more than 50% in 2009, a notable achievement.
- Korean game companies have prioritized establishing international operations with the United States, Europe, Japan and China as the leading target markets. Game operator Nexon announced for the first time, non-Korean contributions accounted for the majority of its global revenue of 703.6 billion won ($585 million) in 2009. NHN expanded its business in the United States in 2007 and its US revenues rose more than 50% in 2009. Neowiz’s overseas revenues, which consists of licensing and revenues from international, was the biggest growth segment for the company, with sales for that segment rising 526% to 62.1 billion KRW ($52 million).
- Companies are experimenting with new business models including micro-transactions in MMORPGs that already also charge a subscription fee. It remains to be seen if this hybrid model will be accepted by consumers and spread to other countries.
- The excitement and publicity from the World Cup series held in South Africa in July 2010, helped EA’s FIFA Online 2 temporarily capture the top online game ranking at Internet cafes. Other top online games include NCsoft’s Aion and Lineage series, CJ Internet’s Sudden Attack, Nexon’s Dungeon and Fighter and Blizzard’s World of Warcraft.
- South Korea has one of the highest Internet and personal computer (PC) usage rates worldwide at 80%, making it a robust market for PC-based games. In 2010 and beyond, Pearl Research believes the release of several high-profile titles including Starcraft II will contribute to an expansion of the games market in Korea. Both MMORPG and casual game forecasts are provided in the study.
While South Korea has a robust online games market, critical challenges include a glut of content on the market, increasing government scrutiny; and rising development costs.
The “Online Games Market in Korea” report provides an in-depth analysis of the Korean online games market and contains an executive summary; seven years of forecasts for the online games platforms; inhibitors and drivers to growth; deep marketplace analysis; discussion of key market players, and strategic conclusions.
Talk to Robyn
00 1 718 213 49 04
The Largest Collection of Market Research Reports
From +200,000 authoritative sources
Overview: Mobile commerce is exploding with applications and services driven by emerging technologies, use cases, and business models. M-commerce is quite different from traditional e-commerce as the ecosystem ...
1.) Global B2C E-Commerce grows at 20% annually, boosting the expansion of online and mobile payment methods. The recent "Global B2C E-Commerce and Online Payment Report 2013" by Hamburg-based secondary ...
Global B2C E-Commerce grows at 20% annually, with growth in Asia outpacing other regions The recent "Global B2C E-Commerce Market Report 2013" by Hamburg-based secondary market research company yStats.com ...
... To checking account, overdraft protection certificate of deposit (cd) - to grow money online banking/bill pay - to check balance; transfer money between accounts, pay bills online 03 ...
... Prepared by mohammed saher hasan v electronic fund transfer and electronic data transfer are the two important functions in e- commerce and m-commerce. V since transfer of money and information over ...
... The competition in aov. Pinterest has also begun to eat up more share of social- generated e-commerce sales, at twitter and facebook's expense. Until mobile-first generations gain in purchasing power, we ...
Reportlinker.com © Copyright 2013. All rights reserved.