Get this report today!
Table of Contents
Online Games Market in Korea Forecasted to Exceed $2 Billion in 2011, according to Pearl Research
Leading market research and consulting firm Pearl Research is pleased to announce the release of its new “Online Games Market in Korea” study.
Highlights from Pearl Research’s new “Online Games Market in Korea” study:
- Three of the top five game operators in Korea grew their revenues more than 50% in 2009, a notable achievement.
- Korean game companies have prioritized establishing international operations with the United States, Europe, Japan and China as the leading target markets. Game operator Nexon announced for the first time, non-Korean contributions accounted for the majority of its global revenue of 703.6 billion won ($585 million) in 2009. NHN expanded its business in the United States in 2007 and its US revenues rose more than 50% in 2009. Neowiz’s overseas revenues, which consists of licensing and revenues from international, was the biggest growth segment for the company, with sales for that segment rising 526% to 62.1 billion KRW ($52 million).
- Companies are experimenting with new business models including micro-transactions in MMORPGs that already also charge a subscription fee. It remains to be seen if this hybrid model will be accepted by consumers and spread to other countries.
- The excitement and publicity from the World Cup series held in South Africa in July 2010, helped EA’s FIFA Online 2 temporarily capture the top online game ranking at Internet cafes. Other top online games include NCsoft’s Aion and Lineage series, CJ Internet’s Sudden Attack, Nexon’s Dungeon and Fighter and Blizzard’s World of Warcraft.
- South Korea has one of the highest Internet and personal computer (PC) usage rates worldwide at 80%, making it a robust market for PC-based games. In 2010 and beyond, Pearl Research believes the release of several high-profile titles including Starcraft II will contribute to an expansion of the games market in Korea. Both MMORPG and casual game forecasts are provided in the study.
While South Korea has a robust online games market, critical challenges include a glut of content on the market, increasing government scrutiny; and rising development costs.
The “Online Games Market in Korea” report provides an in-depth analysis of the Korean online games market and contains an executive summary; seven years of forecasts for the online games platforms; inhibitors and drivers to growth; deep marketplace analysis; discussion of key market players, and strategic conclusions.
Talk to Robyn
+1 (805) 652 26 26
The Largest Collection of Market Research Reports
From +200,000 authoritative sources
STUDY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES This is an update of an earlier BCC report, published in March 2012. BCC's goal in updating the report is to assess the impact of recent technical, economic, legal/regulatory, ...
Product Synopsis - Future forecasts and historic market data can improve market and strategic planning - Understand which products will be the major winners and losers in the coming years - Assess the ...
Natural Language Processing (NLP) Market [IVR, OCR, Pattern Recognition, Auto Coding, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics, Machine Translation, Information Extraction, Question Answer, Report Generation] ...
... To the company and then the company would cash the cheque before dispatching the goods we can now use instant transactions to transfer money from account to account in a number of seconds. Why e-commerce ...
... Circlecopyrt ideal interface ltd ecommerce adoption path email social networks online banking travel online retail tech & books online retail fashion & food phase 1 phase 2 phase 3 phase 4 circlecopyrt ideal ...
... The technical point of view e- commerce is the processing and transmission of digitised data. e-commerce decreases the distance between producers and consumers. Consumers can make their purchase without ...
Reportlinker.com © Copyright 2013. All rights reserved.