Table of Contents
Increased Number of Volumetric and Sophisticated DDoS Attacks Drive the Market
The Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) protection solution market continued to gain greater traction among organizations in Asia-Pacific (APAC) during 2013, as it experienced a strong growth of 28.6% on a year-on-year (YoY) basis. Increased number of DDoS attacks on government agencies and organizations across countries in APAC, during 2013, resulted in growing concerns about the availability and continuity of their business services. This resulted in organizations seeking comprehensive solutions to combat such attacks. This study analyzes the DDoS protection solution market in Australia New Zealand, ASEAN, Greater China, India, Japan, and South Korea.
- Distributed denial of service (DDoS) protection solutions continued to gain greater traction among organizations in Asia-Pacific (APAC) during 2013, and the DDoS market grew by % on a year-on-year (YoY) basis.
- Increased number of DDoS attacks on government agencies and organizations across APAC countries during 2013 resulted in growing concerns over the availability and
continuity of their business services. This caused these organizations to seek for comprehensive solutions to combat against these attacks.
- The increase in the frequency, sophistication, and volume of DDoS attacks with multiple vectors also drives organizations to look at dedicated DDoS protection solutions to defend against the threats, especially when application-based attacks are becoming more popular.
- Concerns about the damage to business reputation and loss of revenue due to disruption of services caused by DDoS attacks remained the biggest driving force for enterprises to invest in the technology.
- Service providers, including enterprises such as telcos and datacenter service providers, remained the key purchasers of DDoS protection solutions in 2013. Government agencies and other eCommerce, energy, oil and gas, BPOs, and IT and ITeS also contributed a significant revenue to the overall market.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
“The rise in phishing attacks and security breaches will drive the ransomware protection market” The ransomware protection market size is expected to grow from USD 8.16 billion in 2016 to USD 17.36 ...
Increasing instances of enterprise targeted DDoS attacks is expected to drive the DDoS protection and mitigation market The Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) protection and mitigation market size is ...
Protection from increasing instances of security breach due to insider attacks is driving the privileged identity management market The privileged identity management market size is expected to grow from ...