Table of Contents
Scope of Research
•Technology trends: This reports highlights technological advances that are enabling non-vascular stents. Innovations in materials used, deployment techniques, and applications areas are assessed.
•Market forces: The report analyzes market accelerators and challenges and their impact on technology and business prospects. The report studies the influence and impact of application-specific market forces on overall technology growth and market adoption.
•Market landscape: The report assesses the landscape of non-vascular stents and gives a snapshot of key participants in this space, along with some company profiles.
- Technical Insights had published a report on innovations in stents in 2013, which amply covers technology advances and funding patterns in the stent industry as a whole; the present RS may be considered a follow-up to the earlier one.
- The market scope of this report is global. We approached this industry from a technology point of view and consequently, we provided information about different technologies.
Key Focus Areas
- This research service (RS) will showcase the emerging non-vascular stent types and throw light on certain factors, such as technology capability, drivers and challenges, key industry activities, patent activity, and key company profiles.
- Based on our surveys and observations of the non-vascular industry, we have classified non-vascular stents according to application areas, materials used, and key defining technologies.
- Although the term “non-vascular” precludes the use in the circulatory system, there are some overlaps between the vascular and non-vascular stent types. However, this RS does not cover the use of stents in the cardiac and peripheral stent areas.
Non-vascular stents have had tremendous success in the biodegradable stents space. This is of particular importance, given the spectrum of pH conditions in which they have to operate. Other products, such as self-expanding stents have been successfully deployed in the gastrointestinal and pulmonary space.
The key driver for non-vascular stents of all application types is the rise in morbidities associated with changing lifestyles. Additionally, the need for a device that can maintain vessel patency through a minimally invasive procedure also highlights the importance of non-vascular stents.
While there are specific application-based challenges, overall non-vascular stents have issues with safety, ease of deployment, and migration of the stent due to forces experienced at the sites of implantation. All these challenges are addressed by innovations in materials used and methods of deployment.
The non-vascular stent industry is comprised of both Tier-1 medical device companies which have significant presence in coronary and peripheral stents as well, and of smaller, niche companies that are focused on specific applications in the non-vascular space.
Coronary stents have benefitted from technology innovations, such as drug eluting stents, biodegradable stents, and drug-coated stents. For non-vascular stents, these cues are expected to be followed for the design and the focus is expected to be on areas such as self-expanding stents and micro stents for specific applications.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Global Biodegradable Stents Market: Overview Biodegradable Stents are the third generation of stents used in the treatment of coronary artery diseases, which are completely absorbed in the body after the ...
The global coronary stent market is expected to reach USD 10.31 billion by 2021 from USD 7.16 billion in 2016, at a CAGR of 7.6% from 2016 to 2021 Major factors contributing to the growth of the global ...
India Non-Vascular Stents Market Outlook to 2023 Summary GlobalData’s new report, India Non-Vascular Stents Market Outlook to 2023, provides key market data on the India Non-Vascular Stents market. The ...