Table of Contents
The future of three-dimensional (3D) printing and its market implications will be determined by the breadth and depth of application potential it carries, and its ability to unleash a whole new world of application segments. Right from printing a mobile phone cover to reconstructing human organs, 3D printing has shown its technology capability in the world of prototyping. However, 3D printing shows a very optimistic scenario and its impact in the future is expected to go beyond market predictions across multiple industries.
The research service offers insights on the following:
•Current status of the technology
•Innovations from around the globe
•The societal impacts of 3D printing technology
•Business implications of 3D printing technology
•Future of printing technology
•To provide a thorough analysis of each topic, Technical Insights’ analysts perform a review of patents to become familiar with the major developers and commercial participants and their processes. Building on the patent search, the analysts review abstracts to identify key scientific and technical papers that provide insights into key industry participants and the technical processes, on which they work.
•The analysts then create a detailed questionnaire with content created to address the research objectives of the study, which functions as a guide during the interview process. While the analysts use structured questionnaires to guarantee coverage of all the desired issues, they also conduct interviews in a conversational style. This approach results in a more thorough exchange of views with the respondents and offers greater insight into the relevant issues than more structured interviews may provide.
•The analysts conduct primary research with the key industry participants and technology developers to obtain the required content. Interviews are completed with sources located across the world, in universities, national laboratories, governmental and regulatory bodies, trade associations, and end-user companies, among other key organizations.
•Our analysts contact the major commercial participants to find out about the advantages and disadvantages of processes and the drivers and challenges behind technologies and applications. Our analysts talk to the principal developers, researchers, engineers, business developers, analysts, strategic planners, and marketing experts, among other professionals.
•The project management and research team reviews and analyzes the research data that are gathered and adds its recommendations to the draft of the final study. Having conducted both published studies and custom proprietary research covering many types of new and emerging technology activities as well as worldwide industry analysis, the management and research team adds its perspective and experience to provide an accurate and timely analysis.
•The analysts then prepare a written final study for each project and sometimes present Key Findings in briefings to clients.
- 3D printing is a layered manufacturing process that can be used to produce heterogeneous, multi-material parts or objects.
- In this process, 3D objects are fabricated by printing various materials in different locations, through separate ink-jet nozzles.
- An increasing trend toward personal manufacturing and small scale production is leading to favorable growth for this technology.
- Increase in popularity with the development of heterogeneous material manufacturing capability.
- 3D printing has a growing market capability in aerospace, automotive, healthcare, and consumer products.
- 3D printing is expected to increase its market share rapidly to about % by 2015.
- 3D printing is expected to see wider usage in biomedical applications and customized manufacturing, apart from the well established application sectors, namely automobile and aerospace.
- Using 3D printing, it becomes possible to develop an agile manufacturing environment, which may reduce the lead time from conception to the production stage by as much as much as 70% or more, depending on the type of manufacturing desired.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
“Smart factory market expected to exhibit significant growth potential between 2017 and 2022” The smart factory market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 9.3% between 2017 and 2022, to reach USD 205.42 ...
“Asset management system market expected to exhibit significant growth potential between 2016 and 2022” The asset management system market is expected to reach USD 25.55 billion by 2022, growing at ...
3D printing finds is finding its way into just about every aspect of jewelry manufacturing, due to the widespread adoption of CAD software among jewelry designers. Annual revenues from 3D-printed hardware, ...