Table of Contents
This TforG report includes the Surgical Procedures Database with 620 surgical interventions, reported by the ICD-9 coding system in France. To add context to the surgical procedure volumes, the report provides written and numerical analysis on the current trends, size, changes and dynamics of the local markets. In addition, the latest reforms of the local Healthcare system are clearly outlined.
The report helps businesses gain a unique insight into the socio-economic dynamics until 2015, and helps analyze how they affect healthcare systems and their evolution. It can serve as an essential tool for sales, marketing, R&D and business managers with industry related interests.
Four chapters cover the numerical and written analysis for the following topics: Economic Outlook (38 Key industry indicators), The Healthcare System (HC system structures), Reforms (restructuring, re-engineering or austerity efforts) and the Healthcare Market (Capital Equipment, Medical Devices, Disposables and Pharmaceuticals).
The report includes 620 surgical interventions (in pdf format), reported by the ICD-9 international coding system in 13 specialisms, with data for five years: last year’s actuals, three years of historical data, and two years of forecast. The specialisms included are: Cardiology, Neurology, Orthopedics, Urology, ENT, Ophthalmology, OBGYN, Endocrinology, Plastic, General, Thoracic, Hemic and Lymphatic system, Oncology.
-The French government controls major sectors of the national economy and remains a large shareholder in many semi-public enterprises.
-Government spending accounts for more than 55 percent of the total domestic output.
-GDP growth was 1 percent in 2014 and is expected to decrease to -0.04 percent in 2015 because of weakening exports.
-Unemployment is expected to remain high throughout the forecast period and inflation will drop to 2.2 percent.
The Healthcare System:
-The government plans to save 1000 million euro in healthcare by 2015.
-The public healthcare sector has high financial costs (high debt ratio, more than 30 percent of debt and PP initiatives).
-From 2010 until 2015 capital equipment is and will remain frozen as a cost saving measure.
-Budgets are calculated on the basis of scheduled activity.
-Process improvement and care track optimization – consulting services ANAP.
-Public / private hospital partnerships (sharing of equipment).
-Optimization of primary care processes.
-Innovations in tertiary care solutions (internet based).
-Number of beds will be decreased by 5 percent by 2015.
- Healthcare spending in France is around 11 percent of the GDP, which is higher than in most European countries.
-This places France in a segment of a relatively ‘High Value’ and ‘Mature’ market.
-Together with the budget cuts and the reforms, price sensitivity has become a dominant decision factor.
- The poor financial situation of many public hospitals and the financial accountability has created a meltdown in the capital equipment segments.
Reasons to buy:
- Accurate analysis of trends, opportunities and challenges of the economy and healthcare industry
- Relevant healthcare reforms
- Written and numerical analysis on important healthcare indicators (eg.: acute care data, critical care data, anesthesia data, emergency data, healthcare professionals)
- Regularly updates, at least once year
- Every update published by TforG within 6 months after your purchase will be made available to you
- Global coverage, available for + 40 countries
- Surgical Procedure Volumes section incl. 620 ICD9 coded procedure volumes for six years: last year’s actuals, three years of historical data, and two years of forecast
- Actionable information to capture size, trends and potential of the market
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
PharmaPoint: Ulcerative Colitis - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2025 Summary Ulcerative Colitis (UC) is a type of chronic IBD that causes inflammation and ulcers in the innermost lining of ...
The global healthcare IT market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 15.9% from 2016 to 2021 and reach USD 280.25 billion. Growing need to manage regulatory compliance through healthcare IT solutions, government ...
Asia-Pacific Bronchoscopes Market Outlook to 2023 Summary GlobalData’s new report, "Asia-Pacific Bronchoscopes Market Outlook to 2023", provides key market data on the Asia-Pacific Bronchoscopes market. ...