Table of Contents
This TforG report includes the Surgical Procedures Database with 620 surgical interventions, reported by the ICD-9 coding system in Russia. To add context to the surgical procedure volumes, the report provides written and numerical analysis on the current trends, size, changes and dynamics of the local markets. In addition, the latest reforms of the local Healthcare system are clearly outlined.
The report helps businesses gain a unique insight into the socio-economic dynamics until 2015, and helps analyze how they affect healthcare systems and their evolution. It can serve as an essential tool for sales, marketing, R&D and business managers with industry related interests.
Four chapters cover the numerical and written analysis for the following topics: Economic Outlook (38 Key industry indicators), The Healthcare System (HC system structures), Reforms (restructuring, re-engineering or austerity efforts) and the Healthcare Market (Capital Equipment, Medical Devices, Disposables and Pharmaceuticals).
The report includes 620 surgical interventions (in pdf format), reported by the ICD-9 international coding system in 13 specialisms, with data for five years: last year’s actuals, three years of historical data, and two years of forecast. The specialisms included are: Cardiology, Neurology, Orthopedics, Urology, ENT, Ophthalmology, OBGYN, Endocrinology, Plastic, General, Thoracic, Hemic and Lymphatic system, Oncology.
-Long term growth will be due to the dependence on oil, the lack of sufficient investments, the absence of economic reforms and the export slow down.
-The unemployment rate increased to 5.5 percent in 2015.
-The labor market remains strong in spite of a weakening economic growth, however; the outlook for the coming months is negative.
-About 17.2 million people are currently living below the poverty line.
-Inflation decreased to 5 percent in 2014.
The Healthcare System:
- The healthcare sector today is mainly public, but a fast growing private sector, encouraged
by the government; has become a substantial factor in the landscape.
- The Russian healthcare system is largely and increasingly centralized. Despite this fact,
there are substantial differences in the healthcare infrastructure by province or
- Corruption and political stakeholders play an important role in healthcare. This is
especially true in the hospital sector.
- About 90 percent of the Russian population is covered by a basic healthcare insurance.
- National reforms improved the country's healthcare system by increasing the funding and the healthcare infrastructure.
- This plan helped upgrade hospitals and clinics with new equipment and ambulance systems.
- New medical centers were also built.
- A growing middle class, increasing wages, decreasing poverty and decreasing unemployment have raised the pressure on the Russian government to modernize the healthcare system.
- The government is committed to push the renewal and modernization of the hospital infrastructure and large medical equipment base.
- The healthcare market is expected to grow about 13.5 percent in the coming 5 years.
- There is a trend towards more centralization of decision making and the procurement process will shift more to (central) administrations.
- Local manufacturing is limited and the market largely depends on imports especially for more sophisticated products.
Reasons to buy:
- Accurate analysis of trends, opportunities and challenges of the economy and healthcare industry
- Relevant healthcare reforms
- Written and numerical analysis on important healthcare indicators (eg.: acute care data, critical care data, anesthesia data, emergency data, healthcare professionals)
- Regularly updates, at least once year
- Every update published by TforG within 6 months after your purchase will be made available to you
- Global coverage, available for + 40 countries
- Surgical Procedure Volumes section incl. 620 ICD9 coded procedure volumes for six years: last year’s actuals, three years of historical data, and two years of forecast
- Actionable information to capture size, trends and potential of the market
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
PharmaPoint: Ulcerative Colitis - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2025 Summary Ulcerative Colitis (UC) is a type of chronic IBD that causes inflammation and ulcers in the innermost lining of ...
The global healthcare IT market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 15.9% from 2016 to 2021 and reach USD 280.25 billion. Growing need to manage regulatory compliance through healthcare IT solutions, government ...
Asia-Pacific Bronchoscopes Market Outlook to 2023 Summary GlobalData’s new report, "Asia-Pacific Bronchoscopes Market Outlook to 2023", provides key market data on the Asia-Pacific Bronchoscopes market. ...