Table of Contents
This TforG report includes the Surgical Procedures Database with 620 surgical interventions, reported by the ICD-9 coding system in China. To add context to the surgical procedure volumes, the report provides written and numerical analysis on the current trends, size, changes and dynamics of the local markets. In addition, the latest reforms of the local Healthcare system are clearly outlined.
The report helps businesses gain a unique insight into the socio-economic dynamics until 2015, and helps analyze how they affect healthcare systems and their evolution. It can serve as an essential tool for sales, marketing, R&D and business managers with industry related interests.
Four chapters cover the numerical and written analysis for the following topics: Economic Outlook (38 Key industry indicators), The Healthcare System (HC system structures), Reforms (restructuring, re-engineering or austerity efforts) and the Healthcare Market (Capital Equipment, Medical Devices, Disposables and Pharmaceuticals).
The report includes 620 surgical interventions (in pdf format), reported by the ICD-9 international coding system in 13 specialisms, with data for five years: last year’s actuals, three years of historical data, and two years of forecast. The specialisms included are: Cardiology, Neurology, Orthopedics, Urology, ENT, Ophthalmology, OBGYN, Endocrinology, Plastic, General, Thoracic, Hemic and Lymphatic system, Oncology.
- China's economic growth is losing momentum and the country could miss its growth target of 7.5 percent for this year.
- Sustainable long-term growth can still be expected, capable of supporting the planned social and healthcare reforms.
- Inflation has dropped to around 3 percent and unemployment is at 7 percent.
- The future role of the growing middle class (200 to 250 million people) will be crucial. With their growing numbers and purchasing power, they will become part of the power spectrum in China.
The Healthcare System:
- The Chinese healthcare system is mainly public.
- Healthcare expenditure is 5,5 percent of the GDP. 60 percent of this amount comes from public funds.
- The total healthcare expenditure is expected to grow by 13 to 15 percent over the coming 5 years.
Reforms for 2020 inlcude:
-To further improve the health insurance of the population.
-To increase healthcare expenditures and increase the government’s share in healthcare spending.
-To improve the infrastructure in China’s lower-tier cities and rural areas.
-To redirect patients from level 3 to level 2 and 1 hospitals and improve access to primary care.
-Overall, the healthcare market is expected to grow by about 15 percent yearly in the coming years.
-International players face a market-access environment that is becoming more complex and market conditions that are more competitive.
-The government is planning to control these cost increases by impacting price setting and by making local manufacturing more competitive.
Reasons to buy:
- Accurate analysis of trends, opportunities and challenges of the economy and healthcare industry
- Relevant healthcare reforms
- Written and numerical analysis on important healthcare indicators (eg.: acute care data, critical care data, anesthesia data, emergency data, healthcare professionals)
- Regularly updates, at least once year
- Every update published by TforG within 6 months after your purchase will be made available to you
- Global coverage, available for + 40 countries
- Surgical Procedure Volumes section incl. 620 ICD9 coded procedure volumes for six years: last year’s actuals, three years of historical data, and two years of forecast
- Actionable information to capture size, trends and potential of the market
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
The global healthcare IT market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 15.9% from 2016 to 2021 and reach USD 280.25 billion. Growing need to manage regulatory compliance through healthcare IT solutions, government ...
Digital transformation helps enterprises improve operational performance, efficiency, and business process. It involves the utilization of digital technologies, such as mobility, analytics, and social ...
The ultrasound market is expected to reach USD 6.86 billion by 2021 at a CAGR of 5.2% during 2016-2021. North America and Europe held the largest share of the market in 2016; however, the Asia-Pacific ...