Table of Contents
This TforG report includes the Surgical Procedures Database with 620 surgical interventions, reported by the ICD-9 coding system in Brazil. To add context to the surgical procedure volumes, the report provides written and numerical analysis on the current trends, size, changes and dynamics of the local markets. In addition, the latest reforms of the local Healthcare system are clearly outlined.
The report helps businesses gain a unique insight into the socio-economic dynamics until 2015, and helps analyze how they affect healthcare systems and their evolution. It can serve as an essential tool for sales, marketing, R&D and business managers with industry related interests.
Four chapters cover the numerical and written analysis for the following topics: Economic Outlook (38 Key industry indicators), The Healthcare System (HC system structures), Reforms (restructuring, re-engineering or austerity efforts) and the Healthcare Market (Capital Equipment, Medical Devices, Disposables and Pharmaceuticals).
The report includes 620 surgical interventions (in pdf format), reported by the ICD-9 international coding system in 13 specialisms, with data for five years: last year’s actuals, three years of historical data, and two years of forecast. The specialisms included are: Cardiology, Neurology, Orthopedics, Urology, ENT, Ophthalmology, OBGYN, Endocrinology, Plastic, General, Thoracic, Hemic and Lymphatic system, Oncology.
-Brazil's economy was hit by the European debt crisis and the slowed growth in China.
-It is expected to pick up by 3 to 5 percent per year.
-Unemployment in Brazil is around 10 percent and still increasing.
-The demographic evolution shows an aging population, increasing urbanization and a growing middle class.
The Healthcare System:
- Healthcare expenditures represent 9 percent of the GDP and 45 percent is covered by public
- Coordination is centralized and implementation is decentralized to the provinces and
- Most of the private hospitals offer care covered by the healthcare insurance system.
- Public hospitals are underequipped and staff is ill-trained.
- Two drivers will change the healthcare landscape in Brazil over the coming 5 years: The determination of the government to improve healthcare infrastructure and the growing middle class.
-There is a clear strategic intention by the government to improve healthcare coverage (i.e. the range and the quality of services).
-The rising income levels and standards of living are leading to increased needs for healthcare availability, access and quality.
- The healthcare market will grow by 10 to 12 percent during the next 5 years.
- The government is creating an increasingly competitive environment by favoring local players.
- Public hospitals tend to select local products – although they are perceived as being of lower quality.
- The private sector has a preference for international vendors.
Reasons to buy:
- Accurate analysis of trends, opportunities and challenges of the economy and healthcare industry
- Relevant healthcare reforms
- Written and numerical analysis on important healthcare indicators (eg.: acute care data, critical care data, anesthesia data, emergency data, healthcare professionals)
- Regularly updates, at least once year
- Every update published by TforG within 6 months after your purchase will be made available to you
- Global coverage, available for + 40 countries
- Surgical Procedure Volumes section incl. 620 ICD9 coded procedure volumes for six years: last year’s actuals, three years of historical data, and two years of forecast
- Actionable information to capture size, trends and potential of the market
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
The global healthcare IT market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 15.9% from 2016 to 2021 and reach USD 280.25 billion. Growing need to manage regulatory compliance through healthcare IT solutions, government ...
The ultrasound market is expected to reach USD 6.86 billion by 2021 at a CAGR of 5.2% during 2016-2021. North America and Europe held the largest share of the market in 2016; however, the Asia-Pacific ...
EU5 Computed Tomography (CT) Systems Market Outlook to 2022 Summary GlobalData’s new report, "EU5 Computed Tomography (CT) Systems Market Outlook to 2022", provides key market data on the EU5 Computed ...