Table of Contents
- The CAGR (2013–2019) is expected to be x %.
- The market is expected to see the highest uptake from the data center segment, followed by the telecommunications and commercial segments.
- Data center build-outs and the need for increased capacity provide the greatest impetus for growth in the modular UPS market.
- There is a lack of awareness about the sizing and performance of modular UPSs in the North American market.
- Increased awareness is changing the general perception that modular UPSs can be used only for small- to medium-sized data centers.
- 3-phase UPS systems are also being built in modular architectures which would open up a large market in the data center space.
- The North American modular Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) market was evaluated at $ x million in 2013.
•The North American market has historically been more receptive to large traditional UPSs.
•While using traditional UPSs, data centers are required to assess future expansion plans and account for that during the initial investment.
•The disadvantage of employing this method was the heavy upfront investment. As capital expenditure (CapEx) budgets dwindled and the economy tightened, CapEx spending became limited.
•This forced UPS manufacturers to look for avenues where phased spending could help customers ease upfront costs.
The modular UPS technology provides the perfect platform for users to build a growing business.
•Decisions for expansion of the data center or the business entity can be accomplished using the scalable platform provided by modular UPS technology.
•The technological incentives for such an investment are manifold—from N+1 redundancy to hot swappable modules and higher efficiency.
•The other benefits of using this technology become evident when cost savings span over the period, beginning from initial investment to lifetime costs incurred in maintenance and other services.
•In addition, technological advancements increase market attractiveness, driving multiple architectures and designs that foster an increase in efficiency.
Distribution Channel Overview
•Almost x % of sales in this market takes place through the direct sales approach. Since this technology continues to be an emerging one in North America, direct sales provides the best method to reach a larger customer base.
•Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) contractors and distributors—With a x % contribution, these are based on existing tier 1 relationships with top manufacturers.
•VAR—Value-Added Resellers—With nearly x % coming from this channel, it is likely to be an area of expansion as the market expands. Examples: Safari Micro, Southern Computer Warehouse, Electronic Systems, Innovative Computing Systems, and Chester Technologies.
•Three-phase distribution is primarily through a direct channel while some are through distributors currently.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Global Voltage Stabilizer System Market: Overview Voltage Stabilizer System is an electrical appliance that is used to feed voltage constantly to various electrical devices like computers, ACs, refrigerators ...
This report provides insight into the current market scenario, structure and practices. In depth market scenario includes: - Current market size estimate - Revenues by players - Top 5 Companies - Market ...
The Global Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) Market is valued at USD 4.025 billion in 2016 and is expected to reach a value of USD 6.26 billion by the end of 2022, growing at a projected CAGR of 6.52% ...