Table of Contents
Key Findings of the Study
- The x key mobile robotic applications of the future—logistics and distribution, defense, personal and household, oceanic exploration, and autonomous cars—will generate x million units by 2020.
- Implementing the use of mobile robots across different industries will drive value through effective return and payback on investments. Firms of the future will be more operationally efficient, scaling down costs by 60% as the number of laborers replaced by a machine will range from 2 to 10.
- With the convergence of Big Data and advanced manufacturing systems, intelligent autonomous machines will play a major role in the fourth industrial revolution, leading to the genesis of smart factories that are fully automated and initiating a fundamental shift in operating procedures that transforms the way manufacturing firms of the future operate.
- With the global aging population expected to multiply by 2030, the market for personal robots is likely to explode as approximately x % of households in the United States and Japan will own robots for elderly care, personal assistance, and companionship.
- Autonomous cars will transform the automotive industry. With a x % decrease in accidents, x % increase in car utilization, and 80% decrease in cost per trip mile expected, driverless cars will generate an expected annual cost savings of approximately $ x billion in the United States alone.
- Future state-of-the-art mobile platforms and technologies will drive autonomy as intelligent machines are able to adapt to varied environments and make informed decisions, creating an environment for better human-machine collaboration.
- Mobile robots through autonomous self-guiding vehicles, which are expected to grow at an annual rate of 70% by 2020, will generate higher order-picking quality and better transportation of palletized goods.
- By 2035, x % of US combat soldiers are likely to be replaced by mobile robotic squads for real-time intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance as bomb squad robots, drones, and remote-control gun firing gain more recognition. This will result in a transfer of jobs as soldiers are used for maintenance, guidance, and training.
Definition and Scope
Mobile Robots have the ability to move about their environments without any human intervention or control. They are widely used across different domestic, industrial, military, and security settings. The automatic machines move using either human-like legs, wheels, or tracks and are able to navigate across different environments.
What Types of Robots were Considered?
•Unmanned Ground Vehicles (UGV)
•Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV)
•Unmanned Maritime Vehicles (UMV)
What was Measured?
•Return on Investment
What Industrial Applications were Considered?
Logistics & Distribution
Deep Sea Mining
Defense & Security
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
Global Automated Guided Vehicle Market: Overview Automated guided vehicles are driverless, self-operated computer controlled vehicles which are fitted with guidance and collision avoidance system and can ...
Global Collaborative Robot Market: Overview This report offers strategic analysis of the global collaborative robot market, and the market growth forecast for the period 2016 to 2024. The scope of the ...
“The market of top industrial robotics expected to grow at a significant rate during the forecast period” The industrial robotics segment of top robotics market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 11.92% ...