Table of Contents
Renewable Energy in North America industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2011-15, and forecast to 2020). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- What was the size of the North America renewable energy market by value in 2015?
- What will be the size of the North America renewable energy market in 2020?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the North America renewable energy market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitors in North America's renewable energy market?
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the North America renewable energy market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
Reasons To Buy
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the renewable energy market in North America
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the renewable energy market in North America
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key renewable energy market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the North America renewable energy market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
The renewable energy market consists of the net generation of electricity through renewable sources. It is divided into five segments, these being hydroelectricity; wind energy; solar, tide and wave energy; electricity generated through biomass and waste; and geothermal energy. The volume of the market is calculated as the net volume of electricity produced through renewable means in terawatt hours (TWh), and the market value has been calculated according to an average of annual domestic and industrial retail prices per kWH, inclusive of applicable taxes. Any currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2015 annual average exchange rates. Please note that 1 terawatt hour is identical to 1,000 gigawatt hours (GWh).
The North American renewable energy market had total revenues of $94.7bn in 2015, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.9% between 2011 and 2015.
Market production volume increased with a CAGR of 1.1% between 2011 and 2015, to reach a total of 1,014.8 TWh in 2015.
The North American market is primarily driven by the US, which accounts for over 60% of the market. In the US, the largest segment, hydropower, has declined at a slow rate in recent years, while smaller segments, solar in particular, have experienced very good growth. In 2016, solar installations are expected to grow by 94% compared to 2015. In 2015, more solar systems came online than natural gas power plants for the first time. This indicates that the makeup of the North American market may begin to change in the future.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
The renewable energy sector is growing at a fast pace globally thanks to falling prices and improving technology. China renewable energy market, which is estimated to be worth USD XX billion in 2016 will ...
The renewable energy sector is growing at a fast pace globally thanks to falling prices and improving technology. China Hong Kong SAR renewable energy market, which is estimated to be worth USD XX billion ...
Renewables is the in demand sector of the power industry today. With the growing popularity of small scale generation and clean energy, the opportunities in the renewable energy industry has never been ...