Table of Contents
'Chile: Competition Increases in Mobile Data Segment as Government Pushes New Regulatory Reforms' a new Country Intelligence Report by Pyramid Research, offers a precise, incisive profile of Chile mobile and fixed telecommunications and pay-TV markets based on comprehensive proprietary data and insights from our research in the Chile market. Published annually, this presentation-quality, executive-level report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV sectors, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
- Chile is the second most developed economy in Latin America, measured in terms of PPP-adjusted GDP per capita ($22,630), just below Puerto Rico's ($23,615).
- With estimated revenue of $6.5bn, or 2.6% of GDP, the telecom and pay-TV services market in Chile was the sixth largest in Latin America. We expect telecom service revenue will expand at a CAGR of 2.3% between 2014 and 2019.
- We estimate that Chile closed 2014 with 27.0m active subscriptions and a penetration rate of 152.3%, well above the Latin American average (119.5%). We project that Chile's mobile subscription base will expand during the 2014-2019 period by a 3.1% CAGR pushing the penetration rate to 172.3% by year-end 2019.
- Pyramid Research projects mobile service revenue will grow at a CAGR of 1.6%, from $4.2bn in 2014 to $4.6bn in 2019, with mobile data being the key driver for overall mobile service revenue.
- We expect that narrowband penetration will continue declining over the forecast period, reaching 10.8% by year-end 2019. This decline will be mainly due to a decrease in the number of PSTN lines resulting from fixed-to-mobile substitution and the increase of broadband alternatives, such as cable and FTTH/B.
- Chile ended 2014 with an estimated 2.9m pay-TV accounts and a household penetration rate of 63.6%, below Argentina (80.9%) and Venezuela (72.2%) but above the Latin American average (45.7%). We project a 5.7% CAGR in subscriptions from 2014 to 2019, which will push pay-TV penetration to 80.0% by year-end 2019.
“Chile: Competition Increases in Mobile Data Segment as Government Pushes New Regulatory Reforms” provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Chile today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2019. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Chile's telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Chile in a regional context; a comparative review of market size and trends with that of other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Chile.
- The regulatory environment and trends; a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile; analysis as well as forecasts and historical figures of service revenue from fixed telephony (including VoIP), broadband, mobile voice and data, and pay-TV markets.
- The service evolution; a look at the change in the breakdown of overall revenue by fixed/pay-TV and mobile sectors and by voice, data and video in the current year as well as the end of the forecast period.
- The competitive landscape; an examination of key trends in competition and service providers' performance, revenue market shares and expected moves over the next 18-24 months.
- An in-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony and broadband services, mobile voice and data services, and pay-TV services; a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by technology/platform as well as operator, average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities; this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Chile's telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
Reasons To Buy
- This Country Intelligence Report helps executives build proactive, profitable growth strategies by offering comprehensive, relevant analysis of Chile's telecommunications and pay-TV markets based on insights directly from the local market players.
- The report offers a wealth of data on the telecom and pay-TV markets, with the mobile and fixed segments examined in detail.
- The competitive landscape and the major players are given extra attention, enabling local players or prospective market entrants to gain the insight they need.
- The broad but detailed perspective will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players to succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Chile.
- The report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality that allows it to be turned into presentable material immediately.
- The report concludes with an exploration of the opportunities available in the Chilean market to operators, vendors and investors.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
"Telecoms retail revenue decline in Western Europe will be slower than in previous years, falling at a CAGR of –0.5% between 2016 and 2021." Slower revenue decline in Western Europe is a result of increasing ...
"Despite a decline in overall fixed revenue in Western Europe, fixed broadband and IPTV revenue will grow at a CAGR of 2.5% between 2015 and 2021." Fixed broadband revenue in Western Europe (WE) is expected ...
This report provides: - an interim update of our 5-year forecast of more than 175 mobile and fixed KPIs for the Middle East and North Africa, as a whole and for 12 key countries, which was previously published ...