Table of Contents
Immunotherapy involves the administration of gradually increasing doses of the allergen over a period of time to desensitize the patient. It is the only known treatment that modifies the immune response and treats the cause rather than the symptoms. In the United States, the only licensed route of administration is subcutaneous injection (SCIT). An alternative to SCIT is sublingual immunotherapy (SLIT). The medication is kept beneath the tongue where it is absorbed into the mucosa. Though complex and not fully characterized mechanisms, administration of allergens through the oral, gingival, or sublingual mucosa can decrease the allergic response thus desensitizing the patient by modifying disease at least temporarily if not permanently (i.e. inducing tolerance). The incidence of severe or serious AE associated with SLIT is significantly lower than with SCIT such that SLIT which may be self-administered at home, while safe use of SCIT requires administration in a clinic that is capable of responding to systemic allergic reactions.
What You Will Learn
- What approved allergy immunotherapeutics (AIT) are currently marketed, how are they administered, what are the device specifics, and who markets them?
• Who are the important AIT suppliers, their manufacturing infrastructure and locations, their capabilities?
• What are the major factors driving demand for self-administered AIT products including SLIT tablets?
• How important are manufacturer relationships and what are the key alliances in the industry?
• What are the essential factors, issues, technologies and market development issues for self-administered AIT products?
• What are the significant economic, technology, and regulatory factors affecting AIT products?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
Global Autologous Cell Therapy Market: Overview This report provides in-depth region wise and country wise analysis of the autologous cell therapy market. Stakeholders of this report include manufacturers ...
Global Biological Safety Testing Market: Overview This report on biological safety testing market studies the current as well as future prospects of the market globally. The stakeholders of this report ...
“Regenerative Medicine Market by Therapy (Cell Therapy, Tissue Engineering, Immunotherapy, Gene Therapy), By Product (Cell-Based, Acellular), By Applications (Orthopedic & Musculoskeletal Disorders, ...