Table of Contents
OpportunityAnalyzer: Celiac Disease - Opportunity Analysis and Forecast to 2023
There are no pharmacological treatments that are indicated for celiac disease and the current standard of care treatment involves a gluten free diet (GFD). Steroids and immunosuppressants are used to reduce symptoms in severe cases, targeting approximately 5% of the celiac disease patient population and there are no preventative medications. The anticipated launch of Alba/Teva’s larazotide acetate in 2018 in the US and 2019 in 5EU, followed by the launch of Alvine/AbbVie’s latiglutenase in 2019 and 2020 in the US and 5EU respectively are set to change the management of the disease and drive growth in the celiac disease market. Both drugs are expected to target patients who undergo gluten exposure while on a GFD equating to approximately 95% of the celiac disease patient population. GlobalData estimates that the uptake of both drugs will be equally high, but latiglutenase will rapidly gain market value and emerge the commercially stronger drug with the backing of Immune-Gastro veteran AbbVie.
Key Questions Answered
- (Q.) How will the celiac disease market landscape change within the 2013-2018 and the 2013-2023 forecast periods in the 6MM?
- (Q.) What are the most promising late-stage pipeline drugs and how will their launch shape the future treatment landscape in the celiac disease market?
- (Q.) How do the clinical and commercial attributes of late-stage pipeline drugs compare to one another and against existing treatment options?
- (Q.) What are the significant unmet needs in the celiac disease market?
- (Q.) What are the remaining opportunities in the celiac disease market?
- High uptake is expected of pipeline drugs for celiac disease that are anticipated to launch during the 2013-2023 forecast period.
- Celiac disease remains a field of highly unattained unmet need.
- There is no consensus over clinical trial design and endpoints for the development of celiac disease products.
- The clinical stage pipeline is mainly focussed on GFD adjunctive therapies, while the pre-clinical stage pipeline has shifted its focus to disease modifying treatments.
- Significant opportunity exists for products targeting in the non-refractory patient segment of the celiac disease market.
- M&A’s and alliance opportunities will be key factors in driving celiac disease drug development.
- Overview of celiac disease, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms and current treatment options
- Annualized celiac disease therapeutics market revenue, annual cost of therapies and forecasts for five years to 2018 and ten years to 2023.
- Key topics covered include strategic product assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, R&D strategies, clinical trial design and implications for the celiac disease therapeutics market.
- Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging trends and mechanisms of action under development, including zonulin inhibitors, gluten peptide enzymes, gluten specific synthetic polymers and therapeutic vaccines.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the US and five major EU celiac disease therapeutics market. Clinical and commercial benchmarking of promising pipeline products versus standard of care treatments and competitive assessment of all therapies. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges.
Reasons to buy
The report will enable you to -
- Identify the unmet needs and remaining opportunities in the celiac disease therapeutics market.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the US and five major EU celiac disease therapeutics market.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Assess the clinical and commercial viability of promising pipeline products.
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various emerging therapies.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market and segments likely to impact the US and five major EU celiac disease therapeutics market in future.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Global Non-alcoholic Steatohepatitis Biomarker Market: Overview Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) is liver disease which is categorized under the spectrum of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD). ...
The global human microbiome market is estimated to reach USD 899.1 million by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 21.1% during the forecast period (2022–2025) Factors such as increased focus on human microbiome ...
Black Swan Analysis Epiomic™ Epidemiology Series Forecast Report on Irritable Bowel Syndrome in 12 Major Markets Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) is a functional bowel disorder which incorporates a group ...