Table of Contents
The Global Body Armor and Personal Protection Market 2016-2026
Global Body Armor and Personal Protection market is expected to value US$1.9 Billion in 2016, and will grow at a CAGR of 4.61%, to value US$2.9 Billion by 2026. The cumulative market for global expenditure on military body armor and personal protection will reach US$25.9 Billion over the forecast period. The demand for body armors and personal protection equipment is expected to be driven by modernization initiatives undertaken by various large defense spenders across the world and internal security threats, such as terrorism and organized crime and police modernization programs.
The military body armor and personal protection market is split into five segments: soft armor, hard armor, protective headgear, protective clothing, and boots. During the forecast period, the soft armor segment is expected to account for the largest share of spending, accounting for 35% of the overall global market. Spending in this segment will be largely driven by procurement programs in the European region, followed by investments in Asia Pacific, North America, and the Middle East.
The global body armor and personal protection market is dominated by North America, with the US being the largest spender in the sector. Overall, North America will spend US$6.3 Billion on body armor and personal protection during the forecast period. Europe represents the second-largest market, with the total body armor and personal protection spending valued at US$6 Billion over the forecast period.
The report “The Global Body Armor and Personal Protection Market 2016-2026” offers detailed analysis of the body armor and personal protection market over the next ten years, and provides market size forecasts. Furthermore, it covers key technological and market trends in the industry, and analyzes factors influencing demand for body armor and personal protection.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
- Overview: Snapshot of the body armor and personal protection market during 2016–2026, including highlights of the demand drivers, trends and challenges. It also provides a snapshot of the spending with respect to regions as well as segments.
- Market Dynamics: Insights into the technological developments in the body armor and personal protection market and a detailed analysis of the changing preferences of governments around the world. It also analyzes changing industry structure trends and the challenges faced by the industry participants.
- Segment Analysis: Insights into the body armor and personal protection market from a segmental perspective and a detailed analysis of factors influencing the market for each sector.
- Regional Review: Insights into modernization patterns and budgetary allocation for top countries within a region.
- Regional Analysis: Insights into the body armor and personal protection market from a regional perspective and a detailed analysis of factors influencing the market for each region.
- Trend Analysis - Key Defense Market: Analysis of the key markets in each region, providing an analysis of the body armor and personal protection segments expected to be in demand in each region.
- Key Program Analysis: Details of the top programs in each segment expected to be executed during the forecast period.
- Competitive Landscape Analysis: Analysis of competitive landscape of the body armor and personal protection industry. It provides an overview of key defense companies, together with insights such as key alliances, strategic initiatives and a brief financial analysis.
Companies mentioned in this report: BAE Systems, Honeywell International Inc, 3M, Armor Source LLC, Combat Clothing Australia, Survitec Group Limited, Plasan Sasa Composite Materials, Anjani Technoplast Ltd, M Cubed Technologies, Sarkar Defence Solutions, Point Blank Body Armor Inc, Bates Footwear Inc.
- The global body armor and personal protection market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.61% over the forecast period.
- The market consists of five categories: Soft Armor, Hard Armor, Protective Headgear, Protective Clothing, and Boots. It is expected to be dominated by the Soft Armor segment, followed by Hard Armor and Protective Headgear.
- The North American region is forecasted to dominate the sector with a share of 24.3%, and the Asia-Pacific market is dominated by China, India, and Australia. Russia and the UK occupies a major market share in the European region.
The demand for body armors and personal protection equipment is expected to be driven by modernization initiatives undertaken by various large defense spenders across the world and internal security threats, such as terrorism and organized crime, police modernization programs. Countries are focusing on manufacturing better solutions such as ballistic inserts, lightweight under suits, advanced night vision equipment, and combat helmets that provide benefits of comfort, lighter weight, and enhanced protection to the ground forces
In particular, the report provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
- Market size and drivers: detailed analysis during 2016-2026, including highlights of the demand drivers and growth stimulators. It also provides a snapshot of the spending and modernization patterns of different regions around the world
- Recent developments and industry challenges: insights into technological developments and a detailed analysis of the changing preferences of body armor segments around the world. It also provides trends of the changing industry structure and the challenges faced by industry participants
- Regional highlights: study of the key markets in each region, providing an analysis of the key segments of the market that are expected to be in demand
- Major programs: details of the key programs in each segment, which are expected to be executed during 2016-2026
- Competitive landscape and strategic insights: analysis of the competitive landscape of the global market. It provides an overview of key players, together with information regarding key alliances, strategic initiatives, and financial analysis
Reasons To Buy
- Determine prospective investment areas based on a detailed trend analysis of the global body armor and personal protection market over the next ten years
- Gain in-depth understanding about the underlying factors driving demand for different body armors and personal protection segments in the top spending countries across the world and identify the opportunities offered by each of them
- Strengthen your understanding of the market in terms of demand drivers, industry trends, and the latest technological developments, among others
- Identify the major channels that are driving the global body armor and personal protection market, providing a clear picture about future opportunities that can be tapped, resulting in revenue expansion
- Channelize resources by focusing on the ongoing programs that are being undertaken by the internal ministries of different countries within the global body armor and personal protection market
- Make correct business decisions based on thorough analysis of the total competitive landscape of the sector with detailed profiles of the top body armor and personal protective equipment providers around the world which include information about their products, alliances, recent contract wins and financial analysis wherever available
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
“Geospatial analytics market projected to grow at a CAGR of 19.2%” The geospatial analytics market is projected to grow from USD 30.71 billion in 2016 to USD 73.91 billion by 2021, at a CAGR of 19.2%. ...
Global Military Personal Protective Equipment Market: Overview Military personal protective equipment has become a crucial and standard element of soldier equipment. One of the major factor driving the ...
“Fiber optics gyroscope market to grow at a CAGR of 3.61% between 2016 and 2022” The fiber optics gyroscope market is expected to reach USD 1,037.0 million by 2022, at a CAGR of 3.61% between 2016 ...