Table of Contents
Mobile Satellite Services (MSS) formed a minuscule part of the overall satellite industry in 2014. Rising geopolitical conflicts, growing need for tracking & monitoring, and navigation of aircrafts and vessels are the major factors responsible for growing usage of mobile satellite data and voice services across the globe. The demand for data services is rising gradually across all the end user segments such as maritime, land and aviation. The escalating demand for in-flight connectivity, social media access, and telephony during air travel is stimulating the demand within the aviation industry. However, maritime segment would continue to dominate the MSS market due to rapid growth in installation of mobile satellite terminals in the naval ships as well as trade & logistics vessels for navigation and monitoring purposes. Further, geo-political tensions in the Middle East, North Africa, and Afghanistan have also contributed significantly to the growth of mobile satellite industry worldwide.
According to “Global Mobile Satellite Services Market Forecast & Opportunities, 2020”, the market for mobile satellite services is set to surpass US$ 3.2 billion by the year 2020. Currently, the market is dominated by leading players such as Inmarsat, Iridium, EchoStar, ORBCOMM, Globalstar and Thuraya, which predominantly operate through their distributor networks spread across the globe. North America and Europe are among the major markets for mobile satellite service providers, while government agencies are among the major stakeholder in terms of revenue contribution in these regions. Growth of mobile satellite services in Asia-Pacific is expected to be higher during the forecast period in comparison to other parts of the world due to busier sea routes and mounting oil and gas exploration activities in the region. “Global Mobile Satellite Services Market Forecast & Opportunities, 2020” discusses the following aspects related to mobile satellite services market across the globe:
- Global Mobile Satellite Services Market Size, Share & Forecast
- Segmental Analysis - By Company, By Region, By Access Type, By End User Sector
- Changing Market Trends & Emerging Opportunities
- Competitive Landscape & Strategic Recommendations
Why You Should Buy This Report?
- To gain an in-depth understanding of mobile satellite services market across the globe
- To identify on-going trends and anticipated growth in the next five years
- To help industry consultants, manufacturers and other stakeholders align their market-centric strategies
- To obtain research based business decisions and add weight to presentations and marketing material
- To gain competitive knowledge of leading market players
- To avail 10% customization in the report without any extra charges and get the research data or trends added in the report as per the buyer’s specific needs
The information contained in this report is based upon both primary and secondary sources. Primary research included interviews with mobile satellite service providers across the globe. Secondary research included an exhaustive search of relevant publications like company financial reports, press releases, news articles and proprietary databases.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
“Reduction in queuing & transaction time and increased convenience in making low value payments are driving the contactless payment market” The contactless payment market is estimated to grow from ...
Intelligence and Information Gathering Drive Growth in the Face of Political Tensions Worldwide Global tensions and military conflicts around the world are driving the need for surveillance and information ...
Dynamic Vertical Markets Such as Oil and Gas and Aviation Spur Adoption for Satellite IoT and Provide New Growth Opportunities for S- and L-band Service Providers While only accounting for 25.5 million ...