Table of Contents
OSB (Oriented standard board) is a composite material based on wood. It can be easy distinguished from the other wooden boards by relative big and long chips, from which it is produced. The feature of OSB is oriented chips. Such structure predetermines high physico-mechanical characteristics of a board, which is deemed a universal construction material. Besides construction, OSB can used in the furniture industry, in the production of heavy-duty packaging, in the automotive industry, and other industries as a substitute of other wooden boards (particleboard, HDF, MDF, plywood).
In the North America OSB takes more than 30% in the wooden boards market, in Europe - 7%, in Russia - as yet 5-6%. However demand on it is rising.
Supply of OSB from Europe to Russia was begun in the begining of 90th years. About 2 thousand cubic meters of OSB were imported to Russia in 2000. In 2004-2005 many construction companies paid their attention to the innovative material mainly because of lower prise in comparison with plywood. This fact promoted the further growth of market. In 2006 the maximum gain of consumption was fixed: the volume of import grown in 7 times, what was a result of a high dynamics of housing construction that year. But in 2007 market growth decreased and was only 12%.
According to the results of 2009 the further reduction of the global production and consumption of OSB, which began in 2008 as a result of impact of the world economic crisis, was registered. However in 2010 the situation changed: demand on OSB began to rise again and exceeded pre-crisis level. In 2011-2013 the further growth of market was observed.
Chronology of the research:
- consumption of the wooden boards (particleboard, fibreboard, MDF, plywood, OSB) in Russia in 2007-2013;
- prices for wooden boards (particleboard, fibreboard, MDF, plywood, OSB) in Russian in 2013;
- Russian plywood market in 2007-2013;
- Russian particleboard market in 2007-2013;
- Russian fibreboard market in 2007-2013;
- Russian MDF market in 2007-2013;
- global OSB market (size, dynamics, structure) in 2007-2013;
- North American OSB market in 2007-2013;
- European OSB market in 2007-2013;
- size and dynamics of Russian OSB market in 2007-2013;
- consumption structure of OSB in Russia in 2013;
- supply structure of OSB in Russia in 2013;
- projects of OSB factories in 2007-2013;
- assortment and price analysis of the Russian OSB market in 2007-2013;
- sawnwood and roundwood markets in Russia in 2006-2013;
- overview of the Russian construction industry (volume of construction works, buildings commissioning) in 2007-2013, housing construction in 2007-2013, forecast till 2020;
- low-rise houses construction in Russia in 2007-2013, forecast till 2020;
- wooden houses construction in Russia in 2007-2013, forecast till 2020;
- size and dynamics of wooden furniture production in Russia in 2007-2013;
- size and dynamics of wooden packaging production in Russia in 2007-2013;
- forecast of demand and supply of OSB in Russia till 2020, prices for OSB in Russia till 2023.
Target audience of the research:
- participants of the OSB market: foreign and Russian producers, dealers;
- investors of OSB factories;
- participants of the adjacent markets (producers and suppliers of wooden boards), investors of wooden boards factories;
- representatives of consuming industries (construction companies, representatives of furniture and packaging industries).
The report consists 9 parts.
In the first part the main characteristics and properties of OSB and substitute products (plywood, particleboard, fibreboard, MDF) are given.
The second part is devoted to the analysis of the global OSB market. In this part situation in the main consuming countries and producing countries of OSB (USA, Canada, Germany, Poland, etc.) is detailed described.
In the third part the Russian OSB market is considered. The size, dynamics, market structure by types of products, consumer structure by application fields, regional structure of demand are given. Supply of OSB is detailed considered: sales structure by countries, suppliers, types of OSB in the whole and by brands are given.
The fourth part is devoted to assortment and price analysis of the Russian OSB market.
In the fifth part investment projects of OSB factories in Russia are considered: active (with the production characteristics, investment volumes, investors and project initiators) and also "frozen" and closed.
The sixth part contains the analysis of factors influenced on the OSB market. Negative factors are pointed separately.
Analysis of the consuming industries is given in the seventh part.
The eighth part contains the forecast of Russian OSB market till 2020.
In the last (nineth) part the technology of OSB production and necessary equipment is considered. In the end of the part there is a calculation of effectiveness of OSB production on the territory of Russia.
In the end of the report the conclusions are formulated.
Please note: this report requires certain updates. We have all the information available but require 6 business days to complete the process and ensure it is as up-to-date as possible.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
The wood products manufacturing industry comprises establishments engaged in manufacturing of products derived from wood. This industry includes companies manufacturing lumber, plywood, veneers, wood containers, ...
The Veneer, Plywood, and Engineered Wood Product establishments manufacture veneer, plywood, engineered wood members and reconstituted wood products. Some products produced by this industry include hardwood ...
This company database offers valuable information on the top 1000 engineered wood member producers in the world proving an invaluable resource for industry executives, marketing, sales and product managers, ...