Table of Contents
The upper airway diseases Asthma and COPD remain significant health challenges for both patients and clinicians. Inhalers that combine two drugs indicated for treating upper airway diseases in one inhaler are gaining interest due to the complementary therapeutic effects of certain classes of drugs when taken together. Systemic delivery continues to represent an area of significant opportunity. Products and product candidates in this category include inhaled drugs for the treatment of such diverse conditions as pulmonary arterial hypertension, neurological disorders, hereditary diseases and pain management.
A longer life span is expected to translate to a growing number of patients diagnosed with chronic conditions. To counteract the financial and medical infrastructure implications of this trend, pressure from the public sector and managed care organizations will place a premium on therapeutic self-administration, an expectation that is creating an increased interest in routes of administration that are patient-friendly and cost-effective. Pharma company decision makers have come to the realization that for many products, success no longer only depends on the medication itself but also on achieving a consumer-compatible form of packaging and application
What You Will Learn
• Which therapeutic drugs are delivered via aerosol inhalers, dry powder inhalation and
nebulizers for upper respiratory conditions? For systemic delivery?
• What are the inhalable drugs currently in development, their formulation and device strategies, and targeted indication(s) and what are market prospects?
• What are the key inhalation device technologies for commercial and development-stage devices, and what are the product technology issues and related market factors?
• What are the current market dynamics of inhaled drug targeted disease segments, and what are the growth prospects and market potential for inhaled therapeutic drugs?
• What is the current market share for inhaled drugs by product? By supplier? What will it be in seven years?
• Who are the Inhaled drug product market participants, their products, market strategies, product development activity, and partners?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Pipeline Overview Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) is referred to as progressive and chronic interstitial pneumonia without known cause. Pulmonary fibrosis is a disease in which tissue profound in lungs ...
Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) Drugs Market (Drug Class - ACE Inhibitors, Angiotensin-II Receptor Blockers, Calcium Channel Blockers, Beta Blockers, Erythropoiesis - stimulating Agents (ESAs), and Diuretics; ...
The global cholesterol testing services market is expected to reach USD 17.5 billion by 2021 from USD 11.9 billion in 2016, growing at a CAGR of 8% during the forecast period. This market is segmented ...