Table of Contents
PharmaPoint: Irritable Bowel Syndrome - 5EU Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) is a common disorder characterized by abdominal discomfort associated with altered bowel function. Although IBS is not a life-threatening disorder, it has a considerable effect on patients’ quality of life (QOL). In terms of volume, the IBS market is a large, albeit naïve, one, with only a small number of pharmacotherapies indicated for the treatment of the disorder, and it is also characterized by significant unmet needs.
GlobalData estimated that prescription drug sales for IBS were approximately $4.0m in France in 2013. Ironwood/Actavis/Almirall/Astellas’ Linzess is the only available product indicated for IBS-C in Germany, which was launched in 2013. Salix/Alfa Wassermann/Norgine/Bama-Geve’s Xifaxan and antidepressants are used off-label for the management of IBS patients in Italy. Salix/Alfa Wassermann/Norgine/Bama-Geve’s Xifaxan and antidepressants are used off-label for the management of IBS patients in Spain. Ironwood/Actavis/Almirall/Astellas’ Linzess is the only available product indicated for IBS-C in the UK, which was launched in 2013.
- Overview of Irritable Bowel Syndrome including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on the key drugs in the 5EU including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for the top drugs in the 5EU from 2013-2023.
- Analysis of the impact of key events as well the drivers and restraints affecting the 5EU Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of drug performance
- Obtain sales forecast for drugs from 2013-2023 in the 5EU
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
PharmaPoint: Psoriatic Arthritis - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2025 Summary Psoriatic arthritis (PsA) is a chronic immune-mediated arthritis typically affecting the large joints, especially ...
PharmaPoint: Dyslipidemia - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2025 Summary Sales of dyslipidemia therapeutics is estimated to be approximately $11.2B across the 7MM in 2015, encompassing the ...
PharmaFocus: Tauopathies - Global Market Analysis Summary Tauopathies are a class of more than 20 neurodegenerative diseases characterized by tau protein aggregation in the brain. There are currently no ...