Table of Contents
Lucentis (Macular Edema and Macular Degeneration) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023
Macular Edema is a condition where fluid accumulates on the macula, leading to vision impairment or in severe cases even vision loss. The three main types of ME are diabetic macular edema (DME), and macular edema following either a central or branch retinal vein occlusion (ME-CRVO and ME-BRVO). Age-related macular degeneration (AMD) is a painless eye condition which leads to gradual, irreversible, loss of central vision, and is one of the leading causes of blindness among people aged 50 and over in the developed world. Currently the ME and AMD markets are dominated by the use of anti-VEGF monotherapy, however, in recent years, corticosteroid implants have been reaching the ME market which could challenge the stronghold these drugs have in this sector. The AMD market will see the arrival of the first therapies to treat dry AMD, fulfilling a huge unmet need in the management of this retinal disease, and these first-in-class therapies will strongly drive the market growth over the next ten years. The launch of wet AMD adjunctive therapies will also see a significant change in the treatment of AMD patients and have a positive impact on the market growth.
Lucentis (ranibizumab) is an anti-VEGF-A monoclonal antibody (mAb) fragment developed by Genentech/Roche. It is derived from the larger parent molecule, bevacizumab, which is another anti-VEGF drug marketed as Avastin by Genentech/Roche/Chugai. It was hoped that Lucentis, as a lower-molecular-weight, humanized fragment of an immunoglobulin G1 (IgG1) mAb, would result in improved retinal penetration over Avastin, and therefore, confer superior efficacy.
- Overview of Macular Edema and Macular Degeneration, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Lucentis including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Lucentis for the top seven countries from 2013 to 2023.
- Sales information covered for the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK and Japan
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return.
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Macular Edema and Macular Degeneration.
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential.
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Lucentis performance.
- Obtain sales forecast for Lucentis from 2013-2023 in top seven countries (the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK and Japan).
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
DelveInsight’s Age-related macular degeneration (AMD) - Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast-2023” Reports provides an overview of the disease and global market trends of the Age-related ...
Note*: This report requires 5 business days to complete. DelveInsight’s Dry eye disease - Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast-2023” Reports provides an overview of the disease and global ...
Note*: This report requires 5 business days to complete. DelveInsight’s Glaucoma - Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast-2023” Reports provides an overview of the disease and global market ...