Table of Contents
Emixustat (Macular Edema and Macular Degeneration) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023
Macular Edema is a condition where fluid accumulates on the macula, leading to vision impairment or in severe cases even vision loss. The three main types of ME are diabetic macular edema (DME), and macular edema following either a central or branch retinal vein occlusion (ME-CRVO and ME-BRVO). Age-related macular degeneration (AMD) is a painless eye condition which leads to gradual, irreversible, loss of central vision, and is one of the leading causes of blindness among people aged 50 and over in the developed world. Currently the ME and AMD markets are dominated by the use of anti-VEGF monotherapy, however, in recent years, corticosteroid implants have been reaching the ME market which could challenge the stronghold these drugs have in this sector. The AMD market will see the arrival of the first therapies to treat dry AMD, fulfilling a huge unmet need in the management of this retinal disease, and these first-in-class therapies will strongly drive the market growth over the next ten years. The launch of wet AMD adjunctive therapies will also see a significant change in the treatment of AMD patients and have a positive impact on the market growth.
Emixustat hydrochloride (formerly known as ACU-4429) is an orally-dosed VCM that is designed to be selective for rod photoreceptors and is being developed for the treatment of GA associated with dAMD. This was the first internally-developed compound by Acucela, a Seattle-based biotechnology company. Acucela has one issued US patent (No. 7,982,071) and seven pending US patents for emixustat, all of which will expire in or around 2029.
- Overview of Macular Edema and Macular Degeneration, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Emixustat including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Emixustat for the top country from 2013 to 2023.
- Sales information covered for the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK and Japan
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return.
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Macular Edema and Macular Degeneration.
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential.
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Emixustat performance.
- Obtain sales forecast for Emixustat from 2013-2023 in top 7 countries (the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK and Japan).
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
DelveInsight’s Age-related macular degeneration (AMD) - Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast-2023” Reports provides an overview of the disease and global market trends of the Age-related ...
Note*: This report requires 5 business days to complete. DelveInsight’s Dry eye disease - Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast-2023” Reports provides an overview of the disease and global ...
Note*: This report requires 5 business days to complete. DelveInsight’s Glaucoma - Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast-2023” Reports provides an overview of the disease and global market ...