Table of Contents
Biosimilars (Rheumatoid Arthritis) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023
Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is a chronic autoimmune disease which causes inflammation and deformity of the joints . It affects over seven million individuals in the 10MM covered in this report (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, Australia, China, and India) and the prevalence is expected to grow to just over 8.5 million individuals by 2023. The anti-TNFs have been effective in treating the signs and symptoms of RA and inhibiting progression to erosive bone disease. However, the landscape is quickly changing with the introduction of biosimilars, novel biologics, and a class of oral therapies known as JAK inhibitors, all of which will change the market dynamics between 2013 and 2023. With the anti-TNFs as extremely effective therapies for RA, the market is extremely competitive for new entrants and will undergo further pressure as biosimilars are approved and launch.
With the cost of biologic therapies being very high, at an annual cost of at least $25,000, global healthcare systems need a reprieve from the expense. On September 9, 2013, Hospira’s Inflectra and Celltrion’s Remsima, which are both biosimilars of J&J’s Remicade, were approved by the European Commission (EC) for marketing in the EU for multiple autoimmune diseases, including RA, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, ankylosing spondylitis, and psoriatic arthritis. Remsima and Inflectra have been rolled out in selected European markets, although their launch in the 5EU is still pending due to potential intellectual property protections in these healthcare markets. The US-based generics company, Hospira, will market Inflectra in the EU, while the South Korean biotechnology company, Celltrion, the original developer of the infliximab biosimilar, will do so as well, but under the brand name Remsima, based on a collaboration forged between the two companies in 2009.
- Overview of Rheumatoid Arthritis, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Biosimilars including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Biosimilars for the top 10 countries from 2013 to 2023.
- Sales information covered for the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK and Japan, Australia, China and India.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return.
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential.
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Biosimilars performance.
- Obtain sales forecast for Biosimilars from 2013-2023 in top 10 countries (the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK and Japan, Australia, China and India).
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Biosimilars Market by Product (Recombinant Non-glycosylated Proteins (Insulin, rHGH, Interferon), glycosylated (mAb, EPO), Peptides (Glucagon, Calcitonin)), Manufacturing (In-House, CM0) & Application ...
A Growing Number of Incentive Policies to Propel Growth in the Next 5–7 Years, with Oncology as the Fastest Adopter Patent expiration and increased use of traditional generic drugs are leading to a ...
Global Biosimilar Pipeline and Market Prospects: Addressing Production Complexities Through Risk Management and Quality by Design Summary Government support for biosimilars is increasing in key geographical ...