Table of Contents
Eluxadoline (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) is a common disorder characterized by abdominal discomfort associated with altered bowel function. Although IBS is not a life-threatening disorder, it has a considerable effect on patients’ quality of life (QOL). In terms of volume, the IBS market is a large, albeit naïve, one, with only a small number of pharmacotherapies indicated for the treatment of the disorder, and it is also characterized by significant unmet needs.
Eluxadoline is being developed for the treatment of IBS-D. As of October 2014, it had reached the Phase III stage of development, and also has been granted a Fast-Track designation by the FDA. Furiex Pharmaceuticals initially licensed eluxadoline from Janssen Pharmaceuticals (a subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson [J&J]) for the development of the product. Subsequently, Furiex was fully-acquired by Actavis in July 2014 (Furiex Pharmaceuticals, press release, July 2, 2014).
- Overview of IBS, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Eluxadoline including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Eluxadoline for the top 7 countries from 2013 to 2023.
- Sales information covered for the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK and Japan.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return.
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for IBS.
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential.
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Eluxadoline performance.
- Obtain sales forecast for Eluxadoline from 2013-2023 in top 7 countries (the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK and Japan).
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
Black Swan Analysis Epiomic™ Epidemiology Series Forecast Report on Irritable Bowel Syndrome in 12 Major Markets Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) is a functional bowel disorder which incorporates a group ...
DelveInsight’s Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) - Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast-2023” Reports provides an overview of the disease and global market trends of the Gastroesophageal ...
Note*: This report requires 5 business days to complete. DelveInsight’s Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast-2023” Reports provides an overview of the disease ...