Table of Contents
Xifaxan (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) is a common disorder characterized by abdominal discomfort associated with altered bowel function. Although IBS is not a life-threatening disorder, it has a considerable effect on patients’ quality of life (QOL). In terms of volume, the IBS market is a large, albeit naïve, one, with only a small number of pharmacotherapies indicated for the treatment of the disorder, and it is also characterized by significant unmet needs.
Xifaxan (rifaximin) was developed by Alfa Wassermann, and is currently approved for the treatment of hepatic encephalopathy and traveler's diarrhea in the US and 5EU, except in France. In 1996, Salix Pharmaceuticals gained the exclusive rights to Xifaxan in the US, and is currently developing this product for the treatment of patients with IBS-D (Salix Pharmaceuticals, 2014).
- Overview of IBS, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Xifaxan including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Xifaxan for the top 7 countries from 2013 to 2023.
- Sales information covered for the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, and Japan.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return.
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for IBS.
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential.
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Xifaxan performance.
- Obtain sales forecast for Xifaxan from 2013-2023 in top 7 countries (the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, and Japan).
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
Black Swan Analysis Epiomic™ Epidemiology Series Forecast Report on Irritable Bowel Syndrome in 12 Major Markets Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) is a functional bowel disorder which incorporates a group ...
DelveInsight’s Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) - Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast-2023” Reports provides an overview of the disease and global market trends of the Gastroesophageal ...
Note*: This report requires 5 business days to complete. DelveInsight’s Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast-2023” Reports provides an overview of the disease ...