Table of Contents
PharmaPoint: Rheumatoid Arthritis - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023
Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is a chronic autoimmune disease which causes inflammation and deformity of the joints . It affects over seven million individuals in the 10MM covered in this report (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, Australia, China, and India) and the prevalence is expected to grow to just over 8.5 million individuals by 2023. The anti-TNFs have been effective in treating the signs and symptoms of RA and inhibiting progression to erosive bone disease. However, the landscape is quickly changing with the introduction of biosimilars, novel biologics, and a class of oral therapies known as JAK inhibitors, all of which will change the market dynamics between 2013 and 2023. With the anti-TNFs as extremely effective therapies for RA, the market is extremely competitive for new entrants and will undergo further pressure as biosimilars are approved and launch.
Key Questions Answered
- How large an impact will biosimilars have on the RA market? What do rheumatologists and key opinion leaders across the 10MM think about the evolving RA treatment landscape?
- How is the uptake of JAK inhibitors expected to affect the global RA market?
- Which novel biologics are the most promising? How are product launches expected to affect the anti-TNFs?
- According to KOLs, what are the most important unmet needs in RA? Will these needs be addressed by pipeline agents? What needs will remain by the end of the forecast period in 2023?
- What governmental and industry developments are likely to affect sales of the top-selling RA drugs in the markets researched? Which is the largest growth market globally?
- Biosimilars are expected to change the landscape for RA and create pricing pressure in the RA market. However, questions from physicians and regulators regarding the appropriate use of biosimilars still lingers.
- Sales of anti-TNFs are expected to decline due to the introduction of biosimilars and other novel biologics and small molecules to treat RA.
- Developers of pipeline products will need strong clinical data and a clear development and commercialization strategy to penetrate the competitive RA market.
- The market will continue to be dominated by Big Pharma who will leverage their R&D, manufacturing, and distribution networks.
- Overview of rheumatoid arthritis (RA), including etiology, pathophysiology, and country-specific diagnosis and treatment recommendations.
- Annualized RA market revenue, annual cost of therapy and treatment usage pattern data from 2013 and forecast for ten years to 2023.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, clinical trial mapping and implications for the RA biologics and biosimilars markets.
- Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases and emerging trends, specifically JAK inhibitors (such as Eli Lilly/Incyte’s baricitinib), novel biologics (such as AstraZeneca-MedImmune’s mavrilimumab), and biosimilars (such as Celltrion/Hospira/Alvogen’s Inflectra/Remsima).
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global RA market. Insightful review of the key industry and governmental drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the RA market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global RA market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track drug sales in the global RA market from 2013-2023.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Amrita
+1 718 303 2019
PharmaPoint: Colorectal Cancer - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2025 Summary Colorectal Cancer (CRC) Market, considering the sales of both branded treatments and generic chemotherapy, is expected ...
PharmaPoint: Systemic Lupus Erythematosus and Lupus Nephritis - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2025 Summary Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) is a systemic inflammatory autoimmune disease ...
PharmaPoint: Ulcerative Colitis - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2025 Summary Ulcerative Colitis (UC) is a type of chronic IBD that causes inflammation and ulcers in the innermost lining of ...