Table of Contents
Three-way catalysis refers to the catalysis that converts harmful gases including CO, HC and NOx from automobile exhaust into harmless carbon dioxide, water and nitrogen via oxidization and reduction, mainly with a three-way catalytic converter, which is carried by a porous ceramic material and mounted on a special exhaust pipe. The reason it is called carrier is that it itself does not participate in catalytic reaction, but is covered with a layer of platinum, rhodium, palladium and other precious metals, and is the most important purification device outside the machine installed in an automobile exhaust system.
Chinese three-way catalytic converters for passenger cars are mainly divided into two parts, i.e. new demand and replacement demand. From the measured historical data, 2014 is the milestone year for three-way catalytic converter demand. Prior to that, the new demand, influenced by a large base of new cars and still not a replacement tide for three-way catalytic converter, had been significantly higher than the replacement demand, e.g. 17.93 million and 15 million respectively in 2013. However, the replacement demand (20.02 million) exceeded the new demand (19.92 million) in 2014. In the future, with a slowdown in domestic automobile production and sales and the arrival of peak demand for replacing automotive three-way catalytic converters, China's three-way catalytic converter and industry chain parts will be beneficiaries.
With regard to catalyst, 26.41 million liters were needed by passenger cars in 2014, of which, over 80% were provided by foreign companies and the remaining 20% by domestic Chinese peers. According to China Internal Combustion Engine Industry Association, as of 2013, all catalysts for joint-venture passenger cars were made by foreign companies, and even for independent brand passenger cars, only 55% of catalysts thereof came from domestic companies.
As far as catalyst encapsulation is concerned, the main market is still dominated by foreign-funded or joint-venture enterprises represented by Faurecia and Tenneco which mainly occupy the middle and high-end market and support joint-venture vehicle manufacturers. Wuxi Weifu Lida Catalytic Converter Co., Ltd., a large-scale domestic manufacturer of automobile exhaust purifier, mainly supports self-owned brands.
The report highlights the followings:
Overview of three-way catalytic converter, including definition, structure, industry policies, etc.
Global three-way catalytic converter market demand, including global automobile production and sales, demand estimation, etc.;
China’s three-way catalytic converter market demand, consisting of the development status, competition pattern, market demand, etc. of China’s automobile industry;
18 manufacturers in three-way catalytic converter industry chain e.g. Implats, Kunming Sino-Platinum Metals, Heraeu, Cataler, BASF, Johnson-Matthey, Tianjin HySci Company, involving their revenue, net income, revenue structure, production base, catalyst business, etc.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Global Automotive Lightweight Materials Market: Overview This report analyzes and forecasts the market for Automotive Lightweight Materials at the global and regional level. The market has been forecast ...
“Growing need for personal mobility in wake of rising urbanization and fall in car ownership are expected to fuel the demand for mobility on demand” The mobility on demand market is projected to grow ...
Use this report to: - Analyze the technologies and markets in the steel fiber and tire industries that influence demand for and development of tire reinforcement materials. - Gain insight into international ...