Table of Contents
The North American automated external defibrillator (AED) market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 6.8% from 2014 to 2019. The U.S. held a larger share of the automated external defibrillator (AED) market with about 89.9% in 2013, followed by Canada. The North American automated external defibrillator (AED) market holds high potential for growth in future, due to a number of forces that favor this market. These include the rising incidences of cardiovascular diseases and sudden cardiac arrest (SCA), increasing awareness of SCA and the life-saving potential of AEDs, and an implementation of public access defibrillation programs in various countries. However, product recalls have cost companies millions of dollars, affecting their revenues and in turn having an adverse effect on the AED market. Moreover, the U.S. economy has not fully recovered from the economic crisis with experts predicting that it will take at least a year to return to the growth path. Since an AED is capital equipment, customers are not willing to invest in it until the economic condition improves; this significantly affects the market.
In this report, the North American automated external defibrillator (AED) market is broadly classified on the basis of product types, pricing of the equipment, and end-users. The products segment is classified into semi-automated external defibrillators and fully-automated external defibrillators. Based on end-users, the automated external defibrillator (AED) market is categorized into public facilities, hospitals, pre-hospitals, homecare & nursing homes, and others.
Geographically, the market is divided into two countries, namely the U.S. and Canada. The U.S. is estimated to command the largest share of 89.9% of the North American automated external defibrillator (AED) market in 2013, followed by Canada. Canada is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 6.8% from 2014 to 2019. The U.S. forms the largest market for AEDs with about 200,000 units sold annually for public use. Strong competition in the U.S. market has brought about a significant decrease in AED costs. Following the enforcement of federal law that necessitates the installation of public access defibrillators (PAD), a large number of
AEDs have been installed at public places in the U.S., resulting in growth in this region.
The report has profiled the leading players of this market along with their developments (new product launches & partnerships, agreements, collaborations, and joint ventures) over the past few years and strategies adopted by them to sustain and strengthen their position in the North American automated external defibrillator (AED) market. Philips Healthcare (the Netherlands), Cardiac Science Corporation (U.S.), ZOLL Medical Corporation (U.S.), Physio-Control, Inc. (U.S.), NIHON KOHDEN CORPORATION (Japan), Defibtech, LLC (U.S.), and HeartSine Technologies, Inc. (U.S.) are some of the key players engaged in this market.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
From an insight perspective, this research report has focused on various levels of analysis—industry analysis (industry trends and PEST analysis), market share analysis of top players, supply chain analysis, and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss basic views on the competitive landscape, usage patterns, emerging- and high-growth segments of the North American automated external defibrillator (AED) market, high-growth regions & their respective regulatory policies, government initiatives, drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
The report will enrich both the established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn will help the firms garner a greater market share. Firms that purchase the report could use any one or a combination of five strategies that include market penetration, product development/innovation, market development, market diversification, and competitive assessment to strengthen their market share.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Product Analysis and development: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, research & development activities, and new product launches in the North American automated external defibrillator (AED) market. Usage pattern/ penetration rate (in-depth trend analysis) of products (segment-wise) and purchasing data. Comprehensive coverage of product approvals, patent analysis, pipeline products, and product recalls.
- Market Development: Comprehensive information of lucrative emerging markets. The report analyzes the markets for automated external defibrillators (AED) across geographies, exploits new distribution channels, a new clientele base, and different pricing policies.
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information of new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments decisions in the automated external defibrillator (AED) market. Detailed description regarding the related and unrelated diversification pertaining to this market.
- Epidemiology Data: The incidences and patient pool of cardiovascular diseases (CVD) and sudden cardiac arrest (SCA).
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of the market shares and company share analysis of the key players forecasted till 2019. Development of business strategies and manufacturing capabilities of leading players that will enhance the bottom line of the companies in the automated external defibrillator (AED) market.
- Product/ Brand Perception Analysis: Comprehensive study of customers’ perception and behavior through our inbuilt social connect tool (digital marketing language) that checks the virality and tonality of blogs.
- Volume data: Number of units installed and their respective ASPs that operate in this market.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
The active implantable medical devices market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 7.8% from 2017 to 2022, to reach USD 26.75 billion by 2022 from USD 18.42 billion in 2017. The growth of this market is mainly ...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Electrodes for Medical Devices in US$ Thousand by the following Segments: Blood Gas Electrodes, Defibrillator Electrodes, ECG Electrodes, EEG/EMG/ENG Electrodes, ...
Defibrillator devices are class of medical devices used for delivering shock in a controlled and automated manner. These devices are mainly used for therapeutic purposes in cardiovascular critical care ...