Table of Contents
Source Market Insights:Mexico provides an overview of the Mexican outbound market, analyzing market data and providing insights. This report provides a better understanding of the number of Mexican tourists going abroad, their spending habits, and the main destination markets
- Weak economic conditions and, consequently, lower gross household disposable income per capita led to a slowdown in outbound tourism in Mexico, registering annual growth of 2.1% and 1.8% in outbound trips, in 2013 and 2014 respectively
- Outbound travel in Mexico is largely driven by leisure and VFR purpose trips, which accounted for 44.7% and 43% of the total outbound trips, respectively, in 2014. The strong presence of VFR can be attributed to increasing numbers of Mexicans present in the US; in correlation with a targeted campaign to promote Mexican travel to the US by 'Brand USA'
- Average spending per outbound trip for Mexicans is very low compared to other Latin American countries such as Brazil. Average spending per outbound trip for Mexicans stood at US$797 in 2014, which was only one-quarter of Brazil's expenditure
- The US is the key outbound destination for Mexicans, accounting for 90.2% of total outbound trips in 2014. A key factor for this is the use of the Border Crossing Card, as well as close geographical proximity
- Spain is a preferred destination for higher education (after the US) for Mexican students. Higher aspirations coupled with safety concerns (rising crime rates) in Mexico encourage students to enroll in higher education programs abroad
The report provides detailed market analysis, information, and insights, including:
- Historic and forecast tourist volumes covering the entire Mexican outbound tourism sector
- Detailed analysis of the mode of transport preferred for outbound trips
- Detailed analysis of the market trends in the Mexican outbound tourism sector
Reasons To Buy
- Make strategic business decisions using historic and forecast market data related to the Mexican outbound tourism sector
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities in the Mexican outbound tourism sector, along with key trends and growth opportunities
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
IATA offers you the timeliest reports for airline traffic monitoring, representing the entire industry and all regions. Monthly Statistics cover traffic figures for both passenger and cargo carriers, and ...
Egypt is one of the fastest growing and most promising economy in Africa. Egypt's high growth rate in recent years was driven by high international tourist inflow, growth in trade & logistics and ICT market. ...
Malaysia Medical Tourism Market: Overview In terms of revenue, the Malaysia medical tourism market is expected to register a CAGR of 30.5% during the forecast period, 2016–2024. The primary objective ...
United Arab Emi...