Table of Contents
The report titled “India Mattresses Market Outlook to 2018 - Driven by Surging Demand for Spring Mattresses with Advancing Lifestyles” presents a comprehensive analysis of the industry covering aspects including market size by market size by revenue, volume sales of mattresses and market segmentation by revenue and volume sales by types of mattresses (coir mattresses, spring mattresses and foam mattresses), by market structure (organized and unorganized) for different types of mattresses, for rural and urban areas and others, by foreign and domestic brands, by price range and others. The report also entails a detailed description on the recent trends and developments, growth drivers, brand analysis and restraints in the market and the competitive scenario of major players in the industry along with the market share of major companies by revenue and volume sales in India Mattresses Market.
The mattress market of India is dominated by small and unorganized players. These players specialize in coir, cotton and foam mattresses, which cater to almost 90% of the country’s requirement for mattresses. The spring mattress area is still in its nascent stages in the country and is evolving. A major growth driver for the mattress market in India is the growing urban population who is ready to spend considerable amounts for their luxury and comfort. This trend is attracting major global players to invest in mattress industry of India. The major players such as Tempur, Snoozer, and King Koil have now set up manufacturing facilities in India. India accounted for over 18% share in Asia, with revenues reported as USD ~ million in 2008. The revenues intensified to USD ~ million by the year 2013, thereby registering a noticeable CAGR of over 1.5% during the review period. It is estimated that India sold nearly ~ mattresses in the year 2013.
Coir mattresses are considered as environmental friendly, durable, supportive and good for health. These mattresses hold a majority share in the sales of mattresses in India. Coir mattresses recorded sales of USD ~ million in 2013, plummeting at an annualized rate of ~% from USD ~ million in 2008. The average selling price of each coir mattresses was USD ~ for the year 2013. The percentage contribution of spring mattresses was ~% in 2013, leveraging from 10% in 2008. Foam mattress withheld a revenue contribution of ~% in the year 2013. The unorganized market includes the local Indian brands and small manufactures, which constitute a majority share in the Indian mattress market. The unorganized players had a revenue contribution of ~% in 2013 declining from ~% in 2008. South India is considered as a production hub of coir mattresses particularly rubberized coir mattresses. The major market of mattresses prevails in urban settlement areas in cities. Rural areas have accounted for only ~% sales of branded mattresses in organized segment in 2013.
The India mattresses market is domestically dominated by players such as Kurlon, Sleepwell, Springfit, Springwel and others. Sleepwell is the market leader with a market share of ~% in terms of revenue in India mattresses market in the year 2013, with revenues reported as USD ~ million. Kurlon is the market leader by volume sales with a market share of ~% of the total sales of ~ million mattresses in the country in 2013. Springfit is the upcoming mattresses brand which sells its products to big companies including Ramada and Taj hotels and operates other high end retail business as well.
KEY TOPICS COVERED IN THE REPORT
- The market size of India mattresses market in terms of revenue through mattresses sales and volume sales
- India mattresses market segmentation by revenue by types of mattresses (coir mattresses, spring mattresses and foam mattresses) and by market structure (organized and unorganized), by regions, by sectoral sales, by foreign and domestic brands, by mode of distribution and by price range
- India mattresses market segmentation by volume sales by types of mattresses (coir mattresses, spring mattresses and foam mattresses), by market structure (unorganized and organized sector) for rural and urban areas (Tier I, Tier II, Tier III cities)
- Export & Import Scenario, Growth drivers, Restraints and Brand Analysis In India Mattresses Market
- Industry Trends and developments in India mattresses market
- Future projections and macro economic factors of India mattresses market
- Competitive landscape of major companies operating in India mattresses market
- Market shares of major brands on the basis of revenue and volume sales in each category (coir, spring and foam) of mattresses
- Future outlook and macroeconomic factors in mattresses market in India and Asia mattresses market
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
VR Content Creation Market: Overview VR content creation market report provides analysis for the period 2014 – 2024, wherein the period from 2016 to 2024 is the forecast and 2015 is the base year. The ...
Economic & Retail Update Q1 2017 Summary As the impact of the shock EU referendum result begins to be realised, the UK economy will feel the brunt with inflation rising and consumer confidence remaining ...
HNW Asset Allocation Trends 2017 Summary HNW investment preferences are the result of interplay between a multitude of factors, such as macroeconomic and political conditions, risk-preferences, demographic ...