Table of Contents
Technology Investment Priorities in Mining in Europe and the Former Soviet Union, 2015
Overall trends in the data revealed -
- The primary technologies in which respondents plan to increase investments are mine management software for scheduling/optimization, mine survey equipment, equipment health monitoring and mine design and modelling software.
- For 11 of the 12 areas, a minimum of 50% of respondents already had these technologies in place at their sites, including all mine-management-type tools.
- Over 30% of respondents are currently using autonomous vehicles. Although 44% of respondents indicated no plans to implement autonomous vehicles in the foreseeable future, 31% indicated they were already using autonomous vehicles on-site.
- Safety is the leading driver of technology investments. Safety emerged as the leading driver, followed by cost reduction and productivity improvements.
- The report is based on a survey of 100 senior managers and decision makers at operating European and former Soviet Union mines, responsible for the purchase of plant, equipment and consumables. Survey respondents came from 23 different countries: Albania, Armenia, Belgium, Bosnia, Cyprus, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Kazakhstan, Macedonia, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, Ukraine and the United Kingdom. This included 4 different commodity groups and a range of surface and underground mining operations. Respondents were asked to outline their current and future intentions for technology investments across 12 areas, which included mine design, mine survey equipment, scheduling and optimization, equipment health monitoring and machine automation. The report outlines the drivers for these investments and outlines safety, productivity and cost cutting needs as influential in decision making.
Reasons to buy
- Understand what factors most influence technology investment, and how this varies by company size and type.
- Target the segments with the greatest opportunity for your technology products and services, based on mine type, region, company size and commodity.
- Segment the market according to those fully invested, those partially invested and those not considering investment in each technology.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
“Growing need for personal mobility in wake of rising urbanization and fall in car ownership are expected to fuel the demand for mobility on demand” The mobility on demand market is projected to grow ...
This 360 View Update discovers consumers' mobile activities in the vehicle and their attitudes and concerns about their in-car experiences. It provides data and recommendations for software developers, ...
Global Autonomous Car Market: Overview This report on the global autonomous car market provides analysis for the period 2025–2035, wherein 2025 to 2035 is the forecast period. The report covers market ...