Table of Contents
'Argentina: Recent 4G Auction Lets Operators Roll Out LTE Networks for Data-Hungry Users,' a new Country Intelligence Report by Pyramid Research, offers a precise, incisive profile of Argentina's mobile and fixed telecommunications markets based on comprehensive proprietary data and insights from our research in the Argentinean market. Published annually, this presentation-quality, executive-level report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband Internet and mobile sectors, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
- Argentina's telecom and pay-TV services market was the fourth largest in Latin America in 2014, with revenue of $13.0bn, or 2.5% of GDP. We project that from 2014 to 2019, revenue will decline at a -1.3% CAGR in US dollar terms as a result of the progressive depreciation of the Argentine peso.
- Argentina closed 2014 with one of its major regulatory achievements of the past three decades: the approval of a new regulatory framework for the telecommunications sector, which replaces the much outdated telecom law of 1972. The new law, known as Ley Argentina Digital, is aimed at improving the population's access to telecommunications services by promoting competition among existing players.
- Mobile subscription penetration in Argentina stood at 146.2% at the end of 2014, down from 149.6% a year earlier. As economic conditions begin to improve in 2015, we expect subscription growth to bounce back, allowing the market to reach prerecession penetration levels by 2016.
- Spanish operator Telefónica and its mobile unit, Movistar, will continue to account for the largest share of revenue through 2019. Telefónica's strategy is focused on providing convergent services through expanding its 4G/LTE and FTTH/B networks across the country and incorporating pay-TV services in its service portfolio, a move that we also expect Personal to make.
This report provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Argentina today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2019. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Argentina's telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional context: telecom market size and trends in Argentina compared with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Argentina.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue for the fixed telephony (including VoIP), broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2014 to 2019.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition as well as in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: details on the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Argentina's telecommunications market.
Reasons To Buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Argentina's telecommunications and IPTV markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying Pyramid Research's Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Argentina's mobile communications, fixed telephony/VoIP and broadband Internet access markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Argentina's telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Argentina.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
"Telecoms retail revenue decline in Western Europe will be slower than in previous years, falling at a CAGR of –0.5% between 2016 and 2021." Slower revenue decline in Western Europe is a result of increasing ...
"Despite a decline in overall fixed revenue in Western Europe, fixed broadband and IPTV revenue will grow at a CAGR of 2.5% between 2015 and 2021." Fixed broadband revenue in Western Europe (WE) is expected ...
This report provides: - an interim update of our 5-year forecast of more than 175 mobile and fixed KPIs for the Middle East and North Africa, as a whole and for 12 key countries, which was previously published ...