Table of Contents
PharmaLeaders: Mid-Cap Biotechnology Benchmark Report - Sales Forecasts and Product Valuations of Innovative Biotechs
GlobalData’s "PharmaLeaders: Mid-Cap Biotechnology Benchmark Report - Sales Forecasts and Product Valuations of Innovative Biotechs" applies our proprietary ranking methodology to compare the competitive positions of 35 mid-cap biotechnology companies on 14 financial metrics. These companies are analyzed based on their financial performance, research and development (R&D) spending, capital structure, and firm utilization to illustrate the different strategies they are using to increase value for their shareholders and create a competitive advantage. Throughout the report, GlobalData’s Industry Dynamics Team provides expert insight, expanding on each of the metrics discussed.
In addition to the financial metrics, this report provides an overview of the biotech sector growth rates, and discusses the regulatory approvals that occurred in 2014, along with our forecast sales outlook for each drug. We also examine how the patent cliff will impact the industry moving forward, along with deals and licensing activity, and the prospects for niche/orphan drugs. Lastly, we use our proprietary database tools to determine the Net Present Value (NPV) of both marketed and clinical pipeline assets and their future profits and cash flows.
Key Questions Answered
- What specific strategies are these innovative biotech companies employing to gain market share?
- What therapeutic areas are these biotech companies focusing their R&D spending?
- Which trends will affect the biotech sector moving forward?
- How does my pipeline and commercialization strategy match up against the competition?
- What specific business development activities are taking place, in terms of partnerships or M&A?
- What particular enabling technologies and drug platforms are these biotech companies developing?
- How are these biotech companies maximizing their capital spend to gain a competitive advantage?
- This report provides analysis of the key drivers and trends shaping the biotechnology sector; including drivers of financial growth and R&D spending, FDA approvals, generic erosion, corporate strategy, orphan drugs and asset value creation
- This report offers a deep dive into the synergies behind partnering and acquisition activity
- FDA expedited review - drugs approved by Fast Track, Breakthrough, Priority Review, and Accelerated approval pathways
- Six-year forecasts for key drugs approved in 2014; Net Present Value (NPV) for key drugs approved in 2014.
Reasons to buy
- Analyze and track the strategies that these drug companies are using to gain share in the increasingly competitive market
- Understand the underlying financial metrics that differentiate certain companies from the pack in terms of growth and profitability, spending and asset structure
- Organize your sales and marketing strategy to identify companies with proprietary technologies in order to maximize opportunities for licensing, partnership, equity investment or takeover
- Independent source to benchmark your company’s performance against a similar peer group to assess areas of strength/weakness
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
PharmaPoint: Systemic Lupus Erythematosus and Lupus Nephritis - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2025 Summary Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) is a systemic inflammatory autoimmune disease ...
PharmaPoint: Ulcerative Colitis - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2025 Summary Ulcerative Colitis (UC) is a type of chronic IBD that causes inflammation and ulcers in the innermost lining of ...
PharmaFocus: Tauopathies - Global Market Analysis Summary Tauopathies are a class of more than 20 neurodegenerative diseases characterized by tau protein aggregation in the brain. There are currently no ...