Table of Contents
High Bond Performance and Compliance with Safety Standards in Automotive OEM Market Boosts Demand for DGX Adhesives
This market insight covers North American direct glazing (DGX) adhesives in the automotive OEM market. Research segments are analyzed by polyurethanes and others, including silane-modified polymers. Demand for DGX adhesives, market growth, and trends are discussed at the total and segment levels for vertical markets: light- and medium vehicles, and heavy-duty vehicles (e.g., buses and trucks). Market sizes and growths have been provided (2014—2021) at the total and vertical market levels. Value chain dynamics, purchase process, and competitive structure are discussed in detail, in addition to key market drivers, major industry challenges, company highlights, competitive structure, market metrics, market shares, revenue, market strategies, and end uses.
- The North American direct glazing adhesives demand for automotive OEM was valued at $ million ( million pounds) in 2014. It is expected to grow at a compound annual
growth rate (CAGR) of % (by revenue) and % (by unit shipment) between 2014 and 2018.
- The shale gas boom has increased the cost competitiveness of chemical companies that need natural-gas-based raw materials. In-shoring of automotive OEMs into the United States and the competitiveness of Mexico over China as a manufacturing base are bound to drive North American manufacturing over the next few years.
- Demand for high-performance DGX adhesives from the automotive OEM sector is driven by regulatory trends toward vehicle driver and occupant safety and by the number of vehicles produced by OEMs in North America.
- Compliance with crashworthiness FMVSS standards of the vehicle by model and materialhandling factors at the OEM assembly levels are technologically intensive and differentiate leading suppliers from the others.
- The North American DGX adhesives market is dominated by top multinational suppliers with established brand image among automotive OEMs.
- Establishing strong product lines of OEM-specified DGX adhesives compatible with various kinds of auto glazing and vehicle model assemblies is a critical competitive factor. Suppliers to the OEM sector can then leverage their products in the aftermarket sector to ensure brand longevity.
- Maintaining testing laboratories and employing independent crash test facilities to evaluate DGX adhesive performance (modulus, curing, safe drive away times, viscosity, with or without primers) are major investment decisions.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Digitalization Spending to Grow Rapidly to $82.01 Billion in 2020 Research Scope In 2015, automotive industry investments in key focus areas were about $19.57 billion. Growing digitalization and advancements ...
B2B eCommerce, Uberization of Repair Services will Draw Investment and Determine Competitive Strategy Global vehicles in operation will increase significantly over the 2017–2018 period, driving new opportunities ...
Global Automotive Lightweight Materials Market: Overview This report analyzes and forecasts the market for Automotive Lightweight Materials at the global and regional level. The market has been forecast ...