Table of Contents
The Convergence of Global Mega Forces to Diversify the Opportunity Roadmap for Manufacturing End Users
Using Frost & Sullivan’s Visi-MAP 2.0 framework, this strategic insight looks to distill key macro forces into 8 converging themes, namely, collaborative manufacturing, control-on-the-go, e-convergence, expert systems, frugal engineering and manufacturing, knowledge management systems, risk management, and service delivery innovation, further analyzing their impact on the future of the manufacturing industry. Each converging theme is segmented by current challenges, future outlook, relevant case studies of market best practices, and vertical market impact and penetration.
The top Converging Themes poised to impact current and future manufacturing operations include the following:
- Collaborative Manufacturing: ‘Collaborate and compete’ is the new paradigm to ensure longterm success.
- Control-on-the-Go: The growth of connected assets and the need to reduce process variability will result in the wide-scale acceptance of mobile solutions.
- E-Convergence: Internal IT cost structures are being reduced through hosted computing business models.
- Expert Systems: Process and equipment efficiency is being optimized through real-time alerts and customizable dashboards.
- Frugal Engineering and Manufacturing: A new age of lean and just-in-time manufacturing is leveraging innovative material development and 3D printing techniques.
- Knowledge Management Systems: The acute focus on product, process, technology, and service knowledge is spurring the adoption of simulation software.
- Risk Management: State-of-the-art threat intelligence solutions can be used to effectively minimize exposure to advanced persistent threats.
- Service Delivery Innovation: The increase in the number of remote assets requires new service delivery models to collaborate, streamline, and facilitate efficient operation.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
“The gas insulated switchgear market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 9.4% from 2016 to 2021” The gas insulated switchgear market is expected to reach a market size of USD 25.95 billion by 2021, ...
“Growing need for centralized monitoring and predictive maintenance of manufacturing infrastructure is boosting the growth of the IoT in manufacturing market” The Internet of Things (IoT) in manufacturing ...
“The compressor rental market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.4% from 2016 to 2026” The compressor rental market is projected to reach USD 5.53 billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 6.4% between 2016 and ...