Table of Contents
Passenger Rail in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2011-15, and forecast to 2020). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the passenger rail market in the United States
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the passenger rail market in the United States
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key passenger rail market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the United States passenger rail market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the United States passenger rail market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
Reasons To Buy
- What was the size of the United States passenger rail market by value in 2015?
- What will be the size of the United States passenger rail market in 2020?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the United States passenger rail market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- How large is the United States' passenger rail market in relation to its regional counterparts?
The passenger rail sector consists of all passenger transport by 'heavy rail' services, including international, inter-city, regional, and suburban trains ("Commuter trains" in US terminology are included). However, light rail, tram/streetcar, Metro/Subway, and similar trains are not included. Sector volumes are given in passenger-kilometers (PKM) and international traffic is counted in the country of origin. Sector values in the report consist of revenues generated by operating companies through ticket sales, and so exclude state subsidies. All currency conversions used in the creation of the report have been calculated using constant 2015 annual average exchange rates.
The US passenger rail sector had total revenues of $25.9bn in 2015, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.2% between 2011 and 2015.
Sector consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 2.7% between 2011-2015, to reach a total of 63.2 billion PKM in 2015.
Amtrak is making significant 'billion dollar' investments in the US rail infrastructure. This is particularly being done to accommodate the inclusion of high speed trains into the US passenger rail sector.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
On the right track: Expansion of rail freight activity will drive industry revenue growth Abstract Rail Maintenance Services in the US Industry demand has grown steadily over the five years to 2017 as ...
“Middle East Railway Sector & Investment Opportunity Analysis” report gives comprehensive insight on the current scenario of rail transport in Middle East region at country level. Report also discusses ...
Chugging along: Demand for rail transportation will increase as the labor market improves Abstract Rail Transportation in the US Rail transportation has made a comeback over the past few years. Increased ...