Table of Contents
Passenger Rail in Japan industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2011-15, and forecast to 2020). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the passenger rail market in Japan
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the passenger rail market in Japan
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key passenger rail market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Japan passenger rail market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Japan passenger rail market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
Reasons To Buy
- What was the size of the Japan passenger rail market by value in 2015?
- What will be the size of the Japan passenger rail market in 2020?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Japan passenger rail market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- How large is Japan's passenger rail market in relation to its regional counterparts?
The passenger rail sector consists of all passenger transport by 'heavy rail' services, including international, inter-city, regional, and suburban trains ("Commuter trains" in US terminology are included). However, light rail, tram/streetcar, Metro/Subway, and similar trains are not included. Sector volumes are given in passenger-kilometers (PKM) and international traffic is counted in the country of origin. Sector values in the report consist of revenues generated by operating companies through ticket sales, and so exclude state subsidies. All currency conversions used in the creation of the report have been calculated using constant 2015 annual average exchange rates.
The Japanese passenger rail sector had total revenues of $57.4bn in 2015, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.2% between 2011 and 2015.
Sector consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 1.4% between 2011-2015, to reach a total of 417.2 billion PKM in 2015.
As part of its privatization scheme, the Japanese government has sought to sell its ownership of several major state owned railroad companies, most recently Kyushu Railway Co.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
About Diesel Locomotive Engines Diesel locomotive engines are used for transporting large amounts of freight due to its ability to move a large amount of freight at less fuel, increased speed, and safety. ...
Summary Passenger Rail in France industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2011-15, and forecast to 2020). The profile ...
Summary Passenger Rail in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2011-15, and forecast to 2020). ...