Table of Contents
Utilities in Japan industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the utilities market in Japan
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the utilities market in Japan
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key utilities market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Japan utilities market with five year forecasts
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Japan utilities market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
Reasons To Buy
- What was the size of the Japan utilities market by value in 2016?
- What will be the size of the Japan utilities market in 2021?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Japan utilities market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Japan's utilities market?
The utilities industry consists of the electricity, gas and water markets. The electricity retailing market consists of the net consumption of electricity by end-users, segmented by industrial, transportation, commercial and public services, and residential consumption. The gas utilities market covers all natural gas consumption, net of distribution or transmission losses, by end-users in the following categories: industrial (including use as a feedstock and auto generation), commercial and public-sector organizations, residential consumers, electric power generation (including combined heat and power but excluding auto generation and heat plant), and other (including transport, agriculture, centralized heat plant, and other usage). The water utilities industry consists of all water that is collected, treated and distributed to agricultural, industrial, and residential end-users.
The Japanese utilities industry is expected to generate total revenues of $257.9bn in 2016, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.9% between 2012 and 2016.
The electricity segment is expected to be the industry's most lucrative in 2016, with total revenues of $121.4bn, equivalent to 47.1% of the industry's overall value.
The Fukushima nuclear disaster, caused by damage to the Fukushima nuclear power plant during the 2011 tsunami, severely damaged the country's opinions on nuclear power and led to a shift in favor of natural gas.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Global LNG Industry Outlook to 2021 - Capacity and Capital Expenditure Forecasts with Details of All Operating and Planned Terminals Summary "Global LNG Industry Outlook to 2021 - Capacity and Capital ...
“The generator sales market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.7% from 2016 to 2021.” The generator sales market is projected to reach USD 24.45 billion by 2021, growing at a CAGR of 5.7% from 2016 ...
“The hydrogen generation market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.07%, by value, from 2017 to 2022.” The hydrogen generation market is projected to reach USD 154.74 billion, by value, by 2022, growing ...