Table of Contents
Electricity Retailing in Japan industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2011-15, and forecast to 2020). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market. 350
- The electricity retailing market consists of the net consumption of electricity by end-users, segmented by industrial, transportation, commercial & public services, and residential consumption. The "other" segment includes agriculture, forestry, and the fishing industry's net electricity consumption among others. The volume of the market is calculated as the net volume of electricity consumed in terawatt hours (TWh), and the market value has been calculated according to average annual retail electricity prices per kilowatt hour (kWh), inclusive of applicable taxes and levies. Please note that 1 TWh is identical to 1,000 gigawatt hours (GWh), or 1 billion kilowatt hours (kWh). Market shares are generally calculated on the basis of total retail sales to end-users across all segments. In some countries where data on company retail sales is limited, total sales by power companies are used as an indication of market share. Any currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2014 annual average exchange rates.
- The Japanese electricity retailing market is forecast to generate total revenues of $158.8bn in 2015, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -4.5% between 2011 and 2015.
- Market consumption volume is forecast to decline with a CARC of -2.8% between 2011-2015, to reach a total of 879.1 TWh in 2015.
- Demand for electricity, which tends to track economic performance, is high but declining in Japan.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the electricity retailing market in Japan
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the electricity retailing market in Japan
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key electricity retailing market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Japan electricity retailing market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
- Macroeconomic indicators provide insight into general trends within the Japan economy
Key Questions Answered
- What was the size of the Japan electricity retailing market by value in 2015?
- What will be the size of the Japan electricity retailing market in 2020?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Japan electricity retailing market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Japan's electricity retailing market?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
The global electric power distribution automation systems market is expected to reach USD 23.7 billion by 2025, according to a new report conducted by Grand View Research, Inc. The rise in the adoption ...
China’s demand for Electric Power Generation Equipment has grown at a fast pace in the past decade. In the next decade, both production and demand will continue to grow. The Chinese economy maintains ...
Construction of Telecommunications Lines and Systems & Electric Power Lines and Systems Industry (U.S.): Analytics, Extensive Financial Benchmarks, Metrics and Revenue Forecasts to 2023, NAIC 237130 Vital ...