Table of Contents
Telecom Industry Business Confidence Report - H1 2017
The existing economic environment is stable for the telecom industry; during H1 2017. According to the survey results, executives operating in North America forecast a more favorable economy in the region for H1 2017. Low market interest rates, a decline in unemployment rates, improved investment climate and increased revenues, large improvements in the terms of trade, the expansion of fibre optic networks, and rising market consolidation are the primary factors driving customer confidence for the industry growth over the next six months. New product development is the key area where industry executives will increase their expenditure in H1 2017. Moreover, executives who operate in the Asia-Pacific are expected to increase = mobile data service price during H1 2017.
GlobalData’s Telecom Industry Business Confidence Report examines executives’ opinion about the business environment during H1 2017. It also highlights existing economic conditions, supplier price variations, sales performance, industry and company growth outlook, spending patterns, and key priorities. Additionally, the report provides information categorized by region.
What else does this report offer?
- Current state of the global economy: examines prevailing economic conditions globally and across various regions
- Company and industry growth outlook: provides industry executives’ expectations towards the growth prospects of their company and the industry over the next six months
- Change in customer confidence: analyzes FMCG industry executives’ opinion about the change in customer confidence during H1 2017
- Supplier prices projection: determines expected change in supplier prices across various categories and their impact on business confidence
- Change in staff headcount and sales performance: tracks expected change in staff headcount and sales for H1 2017 among industry executives globally
- Significant investment activities: highlights various areas in which industry executives intend to invest over the next six months
- Business concerns: provides information about potential business concerns indicated by survey respondents for H1 2017
- Key priorities: identifies the top priorities of industry executives operating in various regions
- In total, 58% and 40% of global business executives have favorable opinion about the current state of the economy in North America and Asia-Pacific respectively, over the next six months
- Overall, respondents who operate in Europe and the Rest of the World are more optimistic about company growth prospects over the next six months
- Business executives operating in North America and the Rest of the World, anticipate the highest increase in staff head counts compared to other regions over the next six months
- Customer retention and gaining cost leadership are the top priorities for telecom respondents operating in North America
- Regulatory intervention and exchange rate volatility are the highest factors influencing the business environment of those operating in the Rest of the World
Reasons to buy
- Helps organizations to make effective business strategy decisions by knowing the prevailing business conditions and sentiment within the telecom industry
- Organizations will be supported in business expansion decisions by providing information about projected change in sales performance and supplier prices
- Helps to improve operational efficiency of the organization by knowing about key priorities and the main concerns of telecom industry executives
- Helps to alter investment allocation by understanding key focus areas highlighted by survey respondents during H1 2017
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
"The rate of annual growth worldwide will decline persistently over the forecast period, falling from 78% in 2015 to 30% in 2021." Cellular data traffic growth will continue to be stronger in emerging ...
"Telecoms retail revenue decline in Western Europe will be slower than in previous years, falling at a CAGR of –0.5% between 2016 and 2021." Slower revenue decline in Western Europe is a result of increasing ...
This report provides: - an interim update of our 5-year forecast of more than 175 mobile and fixed KPIs for the Middle East and North Africa, as a whole and for 12 key countries, which was previously published ...