Table of Contents
The market research report titled “China Engineering Plastics Market Outlook to 2018 - Surging Growth Owing to Emergence of Global Players” provides a comprehensive analysis of various aspects such as market size, segmentation and future projections of the PET resin, ABS resin, Polycarbonate, Polyacetal and others which are the key segments of the market. The report also covers major end user industries for each engineering plastics product, prevalent trends and developments in China engineering plastics industry, government regulations, SWOT analysis, and entry barriers operating into the Industry. The report also covers the competitive landscape of the industry along with the market share of the major players for all the products in China engineering plastics industry. It also includes information on the major macroeconomic indicators affecting the market and future outlook of the engineering plastics industry of China including analyst’s take on the industry.
Engineering plastics has been one of the major sectors which have escalated at a rapid pace in China over the last few years, especially since 2005. Engineering plastics typically possess superior properties, such as high dimensional stability, enhanced resistance to heat & chemicals and greater mechanical strength. Since each category of engineering plastic offers unique properties, their application in a range of end-use industries has been growing significantly. Increased demand for lightweight, flexible and durable materials has enabled the penetration of engineering plastics into the sectors that were hitherto unexplored or not thought viable. Some of the major end-users of this industry includes automotive & transportation, building & construction, consumer goods & appliances, electrical & electronics, industrial machinery and packaging, among others. In these sectors, engineering plastics are being increasingly utilized as substitutes for conventional materials, such as metals and wood.
China has evolved into the largest market for engineering plastics in the Asia-Pacific region. Moreover, with the development of electronics, automobiles and construction sector in the country, China has become the fastest growing country in terms of demand for engineering plastics in the world. Engineering plastics have gradually replaced traditional engineering materials such as wood or metal in many applications. In the midst of unique properties such as lower weight and higher strength, engineering plastics are much easier to manufacture, especially in complicated shapes.
Engineering plastic industry in China was primarily dominated by the Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET) thermoplastic resin, which commanded a major share of ~% in the overall revenue of the engineering plastic industry during 2013. ABS engineering plastics resin was the second largest segment of the overall engineering plastics market of China in 2013, and this segment contributed ~% share in terms of market revenue during the same year. Polycarbonate was the third largest segment of China engineering plastics market, which accounted for ~% share during 2013. This share has substantially enhanced as compared to 2008, owing to vibrant demand from end user industries such as automotive and electrical sectors. As of 2012, there were more than 1,500 engineering plastics producers in China.
The regional distribution of these enterprises is unbalanced; at present, China's main engineering plastics production bases are mainly concentrated in Jiangsu, Shanghai, Henan and Zhejiang. Hence, the competition in engineering plastic industry of China is largely fragmented which incorporates several global players as well as various local and small scale SMEs. Some of the major players operating under this market are namely Formosa ABS plastics, Kingfa Scientific and Technological Company, Shenma Group, China Blue Star Chemical and others. The engineering plastics market of China in the future is envisaged to augment at the CAGR of 15% during 2014-2018, with revenues are expected to be registered at USD ~ million by 2018.
Key Topics Covered
in the report
- The market size of the China Engineering Plastics Market in terms of Domestic Revenue
- Market segmentation of the Engineering Plastics Market of China on the basis of types of products
- The market size of the PET engineering plastics resin market by domestic sales value, production volume and domestic consumption volume- coverage on export by value and volume and major destinations and market share for major players.
- The market size of the ABS engineering plastics resin market by domestic sales value, production volume and domestic consumption volume- coverage on export and import by value and volume and major destinations and market share for major players.
- The market size of the Polyacetal engineering plastics resin market by domestic sales value, production volume and domestic consumption volume- coverage on export and import by value and volume and major destinations and market share for major players.
- The market size of the Polycarbonate engineering plastics resin market by domestic sales, production volume, domestic demand, coverage on export and import by volume & major destinations and market share for major players.
- Government regulations and Trends and Development in the China Engineering Plastics Market
- SWOT Analysis of China Engineering Plastics Industry
- Entry Barriers in China Engineering Plastics Industry
- Competitive landscape of the major manufacturers of engineering plastics resin products in China.
- Future outlook and projections of the China engineering plastics market on the basis of revenue
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
“The growing use of elastomers in the automotive industries is a key factor for the growth of the elastomers market” The global elastomers market size (2016–2021) is estimated to reach USD 92.36 ...
“The global 1,6-Hexanediol market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 7.44% between 2016 and 2021” The global 1,6-Hexanediol market is expected to reach USD 1,042.1 million by 2021, at a CAGR of 7.44% ...
“Long Fiber Thermoplastic (LFT) market projected to grow at a CAGR of 8.96% during the forecast period” The global Long Fiber Thermoplastic (LFT) market is projected to reach USD 4.26 billion by 2021, ...