Table of Contents
This BCC Research report provides a detailed understanding of the U.S. market for geosynthetic materials Includes US market forecasts through 2020.
Use this report to:
- Receive information about the market for all types of geosynthetics between 2014 and 2020.
- Learn about the size, segmentation, and growth trends of the U.S. geosynthetics market along with general perspectives on the international geosynthetics market.
- Identify the current and potential applications for each type of geosynthetics material, and quantify the baseline (2014) market for geosynthetics in each of these applications.
- Receive information about the technological issues including the latest trends and patent analysis.
- The U.S. market for geosynthetics will reach nearly $2.4 billion in 2015 and nearly $2.8 billion by 2020, demonstrating a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.6% between 2015 and 2020.
- Geomembranes as a segment should total $938 million in 2015 and nearly $1.1 billion by 2020, with a CAGR of 2.4% for the period of 2015-2020.
- Geotextiles as a segment should total $849 million in 2015 and $965 million by 2020, registering a five year CAGR of 2.6% through 2020.
Introduction & Scope
?Geosynthetics? is the term coined to describe a class of synthetic materials that has been developed for geotechnical applications, that is, applications relating to
geological materials, earth structures and foundations. Geotextiles made from natural fibers have been used for thousands of years. For example, they were used to stabilize
roadways in ancient Egypt, where the dryness of the climate offset natural fibers? tendency to deteriorate when submerged in the soil. However, more widespread use of geotextiles had to await the development of suitable synthetic fibers that resisted deterioration in the ground. The development of polymer-based geosynthetics provided the needed stimulus, and acceptance and use of geosynthetics has expanded rapidly since the early 1980s.
Today, geosynthetics are used in a growing range of applications, including roads and railways, construction, flood and erosion control, waste containment, mining, and
agriculture. The U.S. is the world's largest market for geosynthetics, consuming nearly $2.4 billion of geosynthetics in 2014. In the U.S., geosynthetics are the object of increased interest as a tool in the rebuilding and expansion of the U.S. infrastructure. Geosynthetics are especially useful in an environment of increasing land scarcity, increased awareness of seismic hazards, and more stringent environmental regulations.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
The primary goal of this report is to develop a detailed understanding of the U.S. market for geosynthetic materials. While not ignoring other geographical markets, the
market for geosynthetics outside the U.S. receives less detailed attention. Specific objectives of the report include the following:
- Characterizing the main types of geosynthetics that are on the market today, and highlighting recent technical developments as the basis for anticipating new
geosynthetics product introductions and applications over the next five years.
- Identifying the current and potential applications for each type of geosynthetics material, and quantifying the baseline (2014) market for geosynthetics in each of
- Analyzing and predicting trends in geosynthetic applications, as the basis for projecting the probable market for each type of geosynthetics material through 2020.
- Analyzing the structure of the U.S. geosynthetics industry, including numbers and size of firms, market shares, financial strength, and intellectual property (IP)
This report is intended especially for executives, entrepreneurs, investors, venture capitalists and other readers with a need to know where the market for geosynthetic
materials is headed in the next five years. The report's findings and conclusions should also be of interest to readers in government and private companies that operate public infrastructure, as well as the engineering and construction community.
SCOPE OF REPORT
The scope of report covers the U.S. market for all types of geosynthetics between 2014 and 2020, including:
- Geogrids and geonets.
- Other types (e.g., geocells, geofoams, geo-others).
The report also includes a general discussion of developments in the geosynthetics market outside the U.S. The study format includes the following major elements:
- Executive summary.
- Types of geosynthetics, their respective properties, advantages and disadvantages, and applications.
- Conditions and trends in major markets (e.g., road construction) that affect the demand for advanced materials and technologies.
- Size, segmentation, and growth trends of the U.S. geosynthetics market.
- General perspectives on the international geosynthetics market.
- Industry structure and market shares.
- Appendices (vendor profiles, key patents).
METHODOLOGY AND INFORMATION SOURCES
The report's findings and conclusions are based on information gathered from a wide range of sources, including geosynthetics vendors, users, engineering and consulting
firms. Interview data were combined with information gathered through an extensive review of secondary sources such as trade publications, trade associations, company
literature, and on-line databases to produce the projections contained in this report. The base-year for analysis and projection is 2014. With 2014 as a baseline, market
projections were developed for 2015 to 2020. These projections are based on a combination of a consensus among the primary contacts combined with our understanding of the key market drivers and their impact from a historical and analytical perspective.
The methodologies and assumptions used to develop the market projections in this report are discussed at length under the various segments addressed. The report
carefully documents data sources and assumptions. This way, readers can see how the market estimates were developed and, if they so desire, test the impact on the final
numbers of changing assumptions such as price.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
According to Stratistics MRC, the global Geo-synthetics market is valued at $8.47 billion in 2015 and projected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.1% reaching $18.92 billion by 2022. ...
The global geosynthetics market is projected to reach USD XX.XX million by 2021, growing at a CAGR of X.X% between 2016 and 2021. Market Dynamics The market for geosynthetics is mainly driven by the large-scale ...
Geotextiles are permeable fabrics with an ability to separate, filter, reinforce, protect, or drain, when used in association with soil. Typically, they are made from polypropylene or polyester. In India, ...