Table of Contents
EpiCast Report: Prostate Cancer - Epidemiology Forecast to 2023
Prostate cancer is a malignant tumor that forms in the tissues of the prostate, a gland in the male reproductive system found below the bladder and in front of the rectum. Although prostate cancer cases have been reported in all age groups, the majority of cases occur in men over the age of 65 years. Prostate cancer is the second most common cancer in men worldwide. An estimated 1.1 million men worldwide were diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2012, accounting for 15% of all the cancers diagnosed in men (IARC, 2014).
This report provides an overview of the risk factors, comorbidities, and the global and historical trends for prostate cancer in the nine major markets (9MM) (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, Brazil, and Canada). It includes a 10-year epidemiological forecast for the diagnosed incident cases of prostate cancer segmented by age (in 10-year age groups beginning at age 40 years and ending at age =85 years) in these markets.
In 2013, there were a total of 813,462 diagnosed incident cases of prostate cancer in the 9MM. GlobalData epidemiologists forecast that the diagnosed incident cases in the 9MM will increase to 1,106,349 cases by 2023 at an Annual Growth Rate (AGR) of 3.60%. All markets will see an increase in the number of cases, with AGRs ranging from 0.71% (Germany) to 8.66% (Brazil). The 9MM had an estimated 3,381,581 diagnosed five-year prevalent cases of prostate cancer in 2013. The number of diagnosed five-year prevalent cases will increase over the next decade to 4,618,451 diagnosed prevalent cases by 2023 at an AGR of 3.66%.
Brazil appears to be a market of concern, with a rapidly increasing incidence and prevalence of prostate cancer. GlobalData epidemiologists calculated that Brazil will have the highest AGR in diagnosed incident cases among the 9MM (8.66%), as well as the highest AGR in five-year diagnosed prevalent cases (8.98%).
- The Prostate Cancer EpiCast Report provides an overview of the risk factors, comorbidities, and global trends for prostate cancer in the nine major markets (9MM) (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, Brazil, and Canada). It includes a 10-year epidemiological forecast for the diagnosed incident cases of prostate cancer segmented by age (in 10-year age groups beginning at age 40 years and ending at age =85 years) and clinical stage at diagnosis in these markets. The report also provide a forecast for the diagnosed five-year prevalent cases of prostate cancer segmented by castration resistance status and bone metastases status.
- The prostate cancer epidemiology report is written and developed by Masters- and PhD-level epidemiologists.
- The EpiCast Report is in-depth, high quality, transparent and market-driven, providing expert analysis of disease trends in the 9MM.
Reasons to buy
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global prostate cancer market.
- Quantify patient populations in the global prostate cancer market to improve product design, pricing, and launch plans.
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the age groups and clinical stage at diagnosis that present the best opportunities for prostate cancer therapeutics in each of the markets covered.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
Use this report to: - Analyze the global prostate cancer market, with important statistics and analysis on existing drugs, and diagnostic technologies. - Receive information on regulatory environment, ...
Global Prostate Cancer Therapeutics Market: Overview This report on the prostate cancer therapeutics market analyzes the current and future scenario of the global market. Increasing prevalence of prostate ...
Circulating Tumor Cell, Cell Free DNA and Exosome/Microvesicle Cancer Diagnostics by Lung, Breast, Colorectal, Prostate and Other. 2017-2020 Including Screening Market Potential Size with Executive and ...