Table of Contents
Timetric’s 'Reinsurance in Qatar, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2019' report provides detailed analysis of the market trends, drivers and challenges in the Qatari reinsurance segment. It provides values for key performance indicators such as written premium, reinsurance ceded and reinsurance accepted during the review period (2010–2014) and forecast period (2014–2019).
The report also analyses information pertaining to the competitive landscape in the country, gives a comprehensive overview of the Qatari economy and demographics, and provides detailed analysis of natural hazards and their impact on the Qatari insurance industry.
The report brings together Timetric’s research, modeling and analysis expertise to enable reinsurers to identify segment dynamics and competitive advantages, and access profiles of reinsurers operating in the country.
Timetric’s ' Reinsurance in Qatar, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2019' report provides in-depth market analysis, information and insights into the Qatari reinsurance segment, including:
- The Qatari reinsurance segment’s growth prospects by reinsurance ceded from direct insurance
- A comprehensive overview of the Qatari economy and demographics
- Detailed analysis of natural hazards and their impact on the Qatari insurance industry
- The competitive landscape in the Qatari reinsurance segment
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the reinsurance segment in Qatar:
- It provides historical values for the Qatari reinsurance segment for the report’s 2010–2014 review period, and projected figures for the 2014–2019 forecast period.
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key categories in the Qatari reinsurance segment, and market forecasts to 2019.
- It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance ceded from various direct insurance segments in Qatar, and the reinsurance segment's growth prospects.
Reasons To Buy
- Make strategic business decisions using in-depth historic and forecast market data related to the Qatari reinsurance segment, and each category within it.
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities in the Qatari reinsurance segment.
- Identify growth opportunities and market dynamics in key product categories.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Qatari insurance industry, and their impact on companies and the industry's future.
- The Qatari non-life segment ceded the highest percentage of premium to reinsurers in 2014 – 58.0%. This was primarily due to the presence of several small insurers with inadequate capitalization and underwriting expertise.
- Due to a shortage of expertise and the predominance of commercial lines, most primary insurers operating in the Qatari insurance industry rely heavily on reinsurers.
- The Qatari reinsurance segment comprised two domestic companies: Qatar Re, a subsidiary of Qatar Insurance Company (QIC), one of the largest insurers in Qatar and the Middle East, and Qatar General Insurance and Reinsurance Company (QGIRC), which offers both insurance and reinsurance services.
-During the review period, domestic reinsurers re-domiciled their businesses to a different country in order to expand their presence across the international markets.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Synopsis Timetric’s 'Insight Report: The Emergence of Alternative Capital in Reinsurance' analyzes the development of alternative capital in the reinsurance industry, and also discusses the major types ...
Synopsis Timetric’s 'Reinsurance in Serbia Key Trends and Opportunities to 2020' report provides detailed analysis of the market trends, drivers and challenges in the Serbian reinsurance segment. It ...
Synopsis Timetric’s 'Reinsurance in Japan, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2020' report provides detailed analysis of the market trends, drivers and challenges in the Japanese reinsurance segment. It ...