Table of Contents
This case study assesses the rise of sports nutrition, a market that is growing in many of the stagnant developed economies. It looks at the factors behind the growth, evaluates the market's potential and what could happen in the future.
Features and benefits
* An introduction to sports nutrition and the market structure.
* Examination of why the sports nutrition market has continued to grow strongly in economies where economic growth has been constrained for some time.
* Evaluation of the challenges the sports nutrition industry faces and possible avenues the industry could explore to maintain expansion.
Sports Nutrition is a broad term which covers a variety of products aimed at enhancing performance via nutrition. The market historically was the consideration of strength and endurance sports, but has recently expanded beyond these market niches to grow robustly, with all market players profiting.
Health concerns coupled with shrewd marketing have made the products accessible to "active lifestyle" consumers. Other factors such as product innovation and the accessibility of health clubs have also contributed. As such, the market has thrived, and has begun to shift its distribution channels, making it more accessible to a wider audience.
While the market has enjoyed robust growth recently, there are some threats to market players. Regulation is one of the most potent, as some sports nutritional supplements have faced reputational damage when subject to a lawsuit or product recall. Sports Nutrition remains a complex product and lack of understanding may constrain growth.
Your key questions answered
* What is Sports Nutrition?
* How has sports nutrition grown so strongly in recent years?
* What are the threats and challenges facing the sports nutrition industry?
* What does the future hold for sports nutrition?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Sports Nutrition Foods and Drinks in US$ by the following Segments: Sports and Energy Foods, Sports and Energy Drinks, and Sports Nutrition. The report provides ...
According to Stratistics MRC, the Global Sports Nutrition and High Energy Supplements market is accounted for $40.1 billion in 2015 and is expected to reach $79.6 billion by 2022 growing at a CAGR of 10.2% ...
Sports nutrition products include sports drinks, supplements, and food that include protein powders, Isotonic drink powder, capsule/tablets (creatine/branched chain amino acids and others), supplement ...