Table of Contents
'Côte d'Ivoire: Operators are Driving the Adoption of 3G and Continuing to Innovate in Mobile Money to Drive Revenue,' a new Country Intelligence Report by Pyramid Research, offers a precise, incisive profile of Côte d'Ivoire's mobile and fixed telecommunications markets based on comprehensive proprietary data and insights from our research in the Ivorian market. Published annually, this presentation-quality, executive-level report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, and mobile sectors, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
- Côte d'Ivoire was the 15th largest telecom services market in Africa and the Middle East, with estimated revenue of US$1.6bn or 5.5% of GDP. Mobile voice was the most important growth driver, generating $199m more revenue in 2014 than in 2013.
- Competition in the Ivorian telecom market has significantly increased over the past decade. The top three operators, Orange Côte d'Ivoire, MTN Côte d'Ivoire and Moov Côte d'Ivoire account for a combined 95.2% of telecom services revenue in the country. However, the likely merger of smaller operators could create a stronger fourth player that can more effectively compete against the top three.
- Operators focus on modernizing and upgrading their networks in line with government's efforts to improve QoS coupled with market transition to 3G and later to LTE will present opportunities to network vendors.
This report provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Côte d'Ivoire today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2020. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Côte d'Ivoire's telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional context: telecom market size and trends in Côte d'Ivoire compared with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Côte d'Ivoire.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony (including VoIP), broadband, mobile voice, and mobile data markets.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice and data from 2015 to 2020.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, and mobile data: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Côte d'Ivoire's telecommunications markets.
Reasons To Buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Côte d'Ivoire's telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying Pyramid Research's Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Côte d'Ivoire's mobile communications, fixed telephony/VoIP, and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Côte d'Ivoire's telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Côte d'Ivoire.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Amrita
+1 718 303 2019
"Telecoms retail revenue decline in Western Europe will be slower than in previous years, falling at a CAGR of –0.5% between 2016 and 2021." Slower revenue decline in Western Europe is a result of increasing ...
"Despite a decline in overall fixed revenue in Western Europe, fixed broadband and IPTV revenue will grow at a CAGR of 2.5% between 2015 and 2021." Fixed broadband revenue in Western Europe (WE) is expected ...
This report provides: - an interim update of our 5-year forecast of more than 175 mobile and fixed KPIs for the Middle East and North Africa, as a whole and for 12 key countries, which was previously published ...