Table of Contents
Continuing Operations, Resets, and Modernization
This research service focuses on the US Department of Defense (DoD) budget spending categories, including research, development, testing, and evaluation (RDT&E); procurement; operations and maintenance (O&M); and services. Contract activity for the US DoD for 2014 is also included. The US DoD 2016 Budget is comprised of spending plans for the Army, Navy/Marine Corps, Air Force, and Joint Service. In addition, this study indicates which technology products and services are emphasized in DoD budget spending. The base year for financial spending is 2014, and the market forecast is from 2014 to 2020.
- The 2016 United States Department of Defense (DoD) budget request is $ billion, including $ billion in base funds and $ billion in overseas contingency operations
(OCO) funds. This is an increase of $ billion over the 2015 request.
- The DoD continues to encourage program, financial, and administrative efficiencies; sequestration legislation and congressional negotiations have not been addressed.
- The procurement request is $ billion. Operations and maintenance (O&M) is the largest category and has a budget of $ billion.
- Research, development, testing, and evaluation spending (RDT&E) was increased to $ billion. The construction request is $ billion.
- The Navy and Marines will have the largest share of funding in 2016, collectively at $ billion.
- Classified programs, healthcare, ship and aircraft maintenance, base operations support, special operations forces, the F-35, and the Virginia Class submarine are the leading programs.
- In FY 2014, the DoD awarded $ billion to over prime contractors. Lockheed Martin continued as the top firm with $ billion in new prime contracts.
- Of the 2014 contract value awarded, % went to the top firms; while the top firms had % of the contracts.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
“Geospatial analytics market projected to grow at a CAGR of 19.2%” The geospatial analytics market is projected to grow from USD 30.71 billion in 2016 to USD 73.91 billion by 2021, at a CAGR of 19.2%. ...
Global Military Personal Protective Equipment Market: Overview Military personal protective equipment has become a crucial and standard element of soldier equipment. One of the major factor driving the ...
“Fiber optics gyroscope market to grow at a CAGR of 3.61% between 2016 and 2022” The fiber optics gyroscope market is expected to reach USD 1,037.0 million by 2022, at a CAGR of 3.61% between 2016 ...